Ok so I took the risk and ordered an XGP neck from the guitarfetish website.

Link to the neck I ordered

I was going to do this as a 'review' on the home page but didn't really feel like dancing around the categories and minimum characters. Please forgive the lack of install pics.

First, not a bad neck. Needs some frets filed due to some sharpness. It was straight and consistent. Not warped nor jacked up. Radius is 16" not 12". Not a deal breaker but I would have preferred a 12" as that is what I am used to. It is NOT a professional grade neck by any means but great for $68. (Total after shipping to my location.)

I installed it in a plywood partscaster (G.Burton strat) I have that needed a new neck. The neck fit directly into the pocket without any need for modification. After marking and checking E to e straight line with old strings from the old neck(ensuring uniform space from the edge of the fretboard to the E strings as a straight edge.) I used a 1/8" bit and drilled 13mm deep into the neck. I used a bit smaller than the screws themselves to ensure the threads bit into the wood well. I used a piece of tape marked 13mm up the drill bit to measure depth. Then reamed out the body screw holes to make sure I had room to adjust on the neck if needed. Installed the neck screws (crunch time) without issues and checked straightness E to e was correct. (Whew!)

I had to use a 25/64" (9.9mm) bit to open up the tuner holes for my tuners. (10mm size) It was a perfect fit. Was a little slow going as I had heard horror stories of others splitting the wood doing this and I has to use a hand drill. (Drill press would have been so much better.) Drilled pilot holes for screws on tuners and string trees. (1/16" bit)

Came with a 'low-friction nut' installed and am using that for now. Could use some shaping for perfection but again this is a beater partscaster. Seems to work well and I haven't encountered any string binding with all the re tuning during the set-up process and in the days since.

I installed some trees I had on the old neck and misaligned them at first but have been able to cover the mistake and they are correct again. Should have waited for strings to make sure they were positioned correctly before drilling.

The maple is a very light color, almost similar to the bullet strat necks. The rosewood looks pretty good. No need to oil it yet.

The back of the neck is a decent C-shaped neck with a fender feel but not quite the same. I really enjoy the satin finish with my sweaty hands. I had to do a total setup on the guitar but so far I am pleased with the neck at the price I paid for it. For a plywood partscaster I was unwilling to spend more than the price of the guitar on a new neck.

Any questions?
Great review. Funny enough I was just looking at their necks and was considering a partscaster of sorts. I actually emailed them to ask whether or not the frets needed filing, leveling, etc. Their response was that they were good to go out of the box, but occasionally needed a dress here and there.
Would you say it was worth it? I will be putting all of this together from scratch and don't have a body, or any of the other materials. Once its all totaled up it will be about 250, which isn't bad, but if buying a MIM tele or strat would be better then I'd rather do that. FWIW, I am not considering resale value, but moreover just the overall quality.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I can't imagine partscasters having much resale value at all, but others may have different experiences. For what the neck cost yes, definitely worth it. As for the whole project, that's up to you. You may save money, but you will invest a lot of time and need to buy the tools to do the job properly. Always use the right tool for the job and save yourself some headaches. But on the flipside, you will know your guitar inside and out. More than many others do and have a great experience building it.

It's a good neck for the price, I can't speak for their other necks but the XGP ones seem good for a low cost neck. Just mind you the issues I brought up. All the best luck. I am going to build one from scratch later in the year when I'm not traveling so much for work. Hope your's goes well with you!
Thanks for the info. This isn't my first build so I have a decent idea (although limited) as to what I am doing. I have just been GASing for a tele and decided why not make it unique and my own.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Don't anyone waste your money buying necks from this outfit. My neck came warped, with six holes in the heels and marks on the headstock indicating this was a defective or a return. I contacted Guitarfetish with no satisfactory results. They won't accept the return and will not refund what I paid . If I return it they will only give me credit towards another piece of crap.