Hey,

I wanted to try connecting Bias to Marshall JCM900 1x12. I bypassed cab emulation on Bias and plugged cable in FX return om the combo. But the sound was dry like there are no cab. Am I making something wrong or I have to use real cab instead of combo?
Quote by Will Lane
No, that should be right. Depending upon how you have Bias output, you might be overloading the input of the JCM's effects return.

Hm. Not sure what it means. Could you please tell me how can I check it?
Quote by EY8CC
Hm. Not sure what it means. Could you please tell me how can I check it?

Bias has an output setting in the right lower corner, IF I'm not mistaken.

If it is yellow/orange/red, you may be overloading the input of the JCM. Turn it down until it gets green-yellow.
Or. Now I got it.
No. It wasn't red or orange, so I am not overloading.
In my experience running bias into my head it sounds super dry with the cab emulation turned off. I have yet to really find a way around this to get a more natural sound
I've always just had some cab simulation turned on. If you don't like the bias cabs there are other plug ins worth trying out. (I like torpedo wall of sound). I don't know why, I've just always assumed the signal the software puts out is different than one a head puts out and cab simulations take that into account.
Quote by DanyFS
Bias has an output setting in the right lower corner, IF I'm not mistaken.

If it is yellow/orange/red, you may be overloading the input of the JCM. Turn it down until it gets green-yellow.

All that means is that the bias output signal is clipping (or not, depending on the state of the indicator), Bias has no way of knowing what it's output is hooked to, or how hard it should be pushing it. You can drive that indicator red without attaching it to anything...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
All that means is that the bias output signal is clipping (or not, depending on the state of the indicator), Bias has no way of knowing what it's output is hooked to, or how hard it should be pushing it. You can drive that indicator red without attaching it to anything...

Oh right, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up
It happens only if I bypass a cab in amp that was matched ("amp match function") is there a way to get around and make the matched amp sound good with a real cab?
Last edited by EY8CC at Feb 25, 2016,
Quote by EY8CC
It happens only if I bypass a cab in amp that was matched ("amp match function") is there a way to get around and make the matched amp sound good with a real cab?

Probably not, since the matching function uses the responses from both to create the profile.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin