I'm thinking about doing a build this summer, and I wanted to know if y'all think it would be neat. I was going to get a body from a squire strat(fullsize), put an aftermarket neck, a tele 3saddle bridge, with tele pickups in the bridge and neck and whatever ends up working for me in the middle. My question is will I be able to replace the bridge with relative ease, or is it going to require alot if retrofitting, which I'm just fine with. It's probably a boneheaded question, but I'm a les paul guy so I'm not too familiar with strats and teles.
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
i'm terrible at diy so I don't want to say anything about the bridge. but the big problem is even though the bridge isn't recessed on a strat there's going to be a big hole for the trem sustain block in the body. maybe if you find a hardtail strat body?

personally i'd probably prefer a strat neck pickup (that's what i really came in here to say) to the tele one- tele neck pickups probably are under-rated and I do like them for some things, but if push comes to shove i prefer the strat neck pickup.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 21, 2016,
get a hard tail strat to do this. It will work fine, but I would use a modern tele bridge only because intonating a 3 saddle bridge is a complete compromise of how close to intonated you actually want to be with each string.

Or buy an un-routed body which would be my choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 20, 2016,
So basically you want a John Cruz '51 but you cannot afford it?

Quote by Robbgnarly
It will work fine, but I would use a modern tele bridge only because intonating a 3 saddle bridge is a complete compromise of how close to intonated you actually want to be with each string.

This.

They stopped using those 3 saddle bridges for a reason.

I agree on just getting a hardtail strat and modding it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 20, 2016,