Or is it. I don't know, the neck certainly isn't original (I replaced the decal) but I'm starting to have my doubts about the rest of the guitar, anyone have any idea?

Looks like a Fender Bullet to me. Not sure what your doubts are about it though. It was a beginners guitar from the early 80's. I don't know why anyone would go around making fakes of that particular model.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Body shape and pickguard are kind of suspicious. Extra holes in the guard vs stock and it looks like your PG might be a bit bigger as well. Looks a bit off compared to the regular 81 bullet (IIRC the bridge is a part of the PG on that model) and the deluxe. Its closer to a deluxe judging by the bridge though. Also I dont think they made them in black until they went with a strat style shape so its a refin if this is a legit Bullet.

Is it possible for you to access the neck pocket and take pictures of any markings etc...? Maybe take a peak inder the PG as well.

Quote by ThunderPunk
Looks like a Fender Bullet to me. Not sure what your doubts are about it though. It was a beginners guitar from the early 80's. I don't know why anyone would go around making fakes of that particular model.

Same reason why we have fake Epiphones and fake Squiers today.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 19, 2016,
Someone since the guitar being made has hacked away at the neck pocket, assuming to make the new neck fit so any markings are gone

Quote by Alex Kirtley
Someone since the guitar being made has hacked away at the neck pocket, assuming to make the new neck fit so any markings are gone

What is the new neck? Are you responsible for that swap? The only reason why they would need to hack the neck cavity would be to get a tele neck to fit cause the bullet is a Strat pocket IIRC. The cavities look right though.

If I were to guess, its a refinned bullet with a replaced 6 saddle trem. Even still, its heavy modded IMO.

I probably wouldnt bother with it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What is the new neck? Are you responsible for that swap? The only reason why they would need to hack the neck cavity would be to get a tele neck to fit cause the bullet is a Strat pocket IIRC. The cavities look right though.

If I were to guess, its a refinned bullet with a replaced 6 saddle trem. Even still, its heavy modded IMO.

I probably wouldnt bother with it.

The neck is a Squier tele neck, and no it was done before I got it, I essentially got the guitar for £5 so nothing really worries me, but I was thinking is the body was atleast genuine then I might work on making it more original, I imagine the pickguard is not original either
Quote by Alex Kirtley
The neck is a Squier tele neck, and no it was done before I got it, I essentially got the guitar for £5 so nothing really worries me, but I was thinking is the body was atleast genuine then I might work on making it more original, I imagine the pickguard is not original either

I would just leave it as is. You could try to restore the thing but it wouldnt be worth it IMO. It looks like its probably playable now so if you want to use it, just set it up and go. Hopefully the neck was mounted properly considering the hack job the guy did with the pocket.

I think the body is original possibly. Its been modified though. Hopefully somebody with more Fender knowledge will pop in
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 19, 2016,