So I finally managed to get a Fender Telecater I've wanted one of these for quite a while now, it's a MIM Tele. It plays really well, it came setup with low action and 10s and the neck is one of the smoothest ones I've played, incredibly comfortable for me.

It had a few dings here and there but nothing noticeable. Before I actually played it I'd thought of swapping the pickups but they actually sound quite good so I probably want change them.

Best kind of content HNGD
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Hngd
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Mmmm I love me some tele action! HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
thanks everyone

now I just need an AC30 to complete the perfect rig
Last edited by nico_9550 at Feb 20, 2016,
Congrats!

Quote by nico_9550
So I finally managed to get a Fender Telecater I've wanted one of these for quite a while now, it's a MIM Tele. It plays really well, it came setup with low action and 10s and the neck is one of the smoothest ones I've played, incredibly comfortable for me.

It had a few dings here and there but nothing noticeable. Before I actually played it I'd thought of swapping the pickups but they actually sound quite good so I probably want change them.

FTFY
Sweet, fine axe.

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by nico_9550
now I just need an AC30 to complete the perfect rig

a lot of people will agree with that.

beautiful new tele!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
nice! i love me a tele. i highly recomend the dimarzio twang king pickups for teles. i got them new for $100 for the pair.

i have one with twang kings, one with lace, and one is an RI so i have no idea what is in there.

i am glad to see somebody afflicted with telecaster-itis.

and have fun!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Friend of mine is disgusted with me because I don't have a tele. So he's going to give me one ("with the proviso that if my wife kicks me out or I get drunk and lose all my money betting on cockroach races, that you'll give it back to me").

How many people here have reversed the controls on them?
Like this: http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Tele_Control_Plate_Mods

I'm considering doing this so that when he comes over and grabs the tele while asking, "How's my baby doing?" he'll then go, "What the hell have you DONE to this thing!?"

It's the only modification I'm going to do, because he's such an Indian Giver (sorry, native americans) that he'll probably figure I'm going to spend money on the guitar and then he'll want/NEED it back...
Quote by dspellman
Friend of mine is disgusted with me because I don't have a tele. So he's going to give me one ("with the proviso that if my wife kicks me out or I get drunk and lose all my money betting on cockroach races, that you'll give it back to me").

How many people here have reversed the controls on them?
Like this: http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Tele_Control_Plate_Mods.

The Bill Kirchen mod- I almost did that with a custom build.

Indian Giver (sorry, native americans)

I'm part Choctaw, and I never did understand the backlash against the term, since it accurately describes the behavior of the white people's treatment of Native Americans (reneging on promises), not the behavior of Native Americans themselves.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

HNGD!Love my Tele.It's an MIM too(in black).What i noticed with the stock pickups is that they sound better through certain amps.When i got mine i had Marshall DSL100 and the Tele never sounded any good through it.It sounds great through a Fender type amp though.I need to change my pickups still.Lazyness has stopped me so far.I like the white one.Wish i had got mine in that colour now.
yesss on my list of next guitars...wanted a American Delux but for some reason never did buy one...now I know why..Fender just came out (2016) with a American Elite Tele...ahhh..yesss

check this one out if you have tele fever..
play well

wolf
happy NGD, i recently got a tele myself, a guitar i never thought id ever have haha.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by trashedlostfdup at #33845501
nice! i love me a tele. i highly recomend the dimarzio twang king pickups for teles. i got them new for $100 for the pair.

i have one with twang kings, one with lace, and one is an RI so i have no idea what is in there.

i am glad to see somebody afflicted with telecaster-itis.

and have fun!

nice, I'll check those pickups out, thanks
Pickups:

1) When I got my first Teleclone, it was a prototype from a luthier. The pickups in it were made by Vintage Vibes- a Tele-style neck and a Charlie Christian in the bridge. They sound fantastic.

Pete Biltof is the man behind VV, and his products are essentially custom winds, and still quite affordable.

2) Lace has lots of options, most of them good. I'm a fan of their Alumitones, but their hum cancelling and even traditional stuff is worth considering.

3) Rio Grand pickups makes really good stuff, some of it unusual. For instance, such as P90-style pickups in HB, standard singlecoil size, and even a HB made up of 2 singlecoil sized P90s.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 21, 2016,
Looks great I defiantly like the white HNGD Rock on!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge