Page 1 of 3
is this true?

i remember reading this chart a while back,
and i thought it was ridiculous, but now im actually worried about those around me.
I have no dependency for it at all, but when i do drink (maybe once or twice a month socially) I drink very hard.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

If you're drinking 2 beers a day then you need to get a job.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
10 drinks of anything sounds like a lot.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Only 10 a day?

Pussies
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

i always thought the people who drink a beer or 2 everyday are the ones who are simply obsessed with the taste of craft brew, and not so much for getting drunk/buzzed.

like a quality crafty with dinner, and that's it
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Having a beer or two after work every day doesn't make you an alcoholic. Once you start to depend on alcohol, or you're getting shitfaced every night does it present itself as a problem.

74 drinks in a week seems insane though. I have to wonder how those people even function day to day, assuming that chart is accurate.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
If you are drinking 2 craft beers (or maybe single-malt scotch) a day, then you are a 'connoisseur,' but if you get off work & it's Miller time then you are an 'alcoholic' -- this is how economic oppression functions covertly in the supposedly 'pure,' 'objective' realms of aesthetics, science, &c. -- or didn't you know that doctors are classist fuckboys who work for Big Pharma?
I remember my housemate telling me it was alcoholic behaviour to have a beer every other night (sometimes two consecutive nights but still, it balanced out with the "off days"). It was strong beer but in what fuckin universe?

Two beers a night I'm still skeptical of. While I don't think it's healthy, it hardly compares to the sort of 'low level' alcoholism where people keep themselves a steady level of tipsy just to get through the day.

also sorta agree with the above post. Whisky enthusiasts(?) (including myself) can drink a shit ton of alcohol at times. Whether we're more concerned about the taste almost doesn't matter.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by k.lainad
is this true?
/snip

I drink very hard.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by neidnarb11890
If you are drinking 2 craft beers (or maybe single-malt scotch) a day, then you are a 'connoisseur,' but if you get off work & it's Miller time then you are an 'alcoholic' -- this is how economic oppression functions covertly in the supposedly 'pure,' 'objective' realms of aesthetics, science, &c. -- or didn't you know that doctors are classist fuckboys who work for Big Pharma?

that hot ligature
Quote by WCPhils
74 a week?

That's a lot of wasted money

That's substance dependence for you
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Go watch Ken Burns' Prohibition series and then the alcoholism of Americans will not surprise you.
Quote by neidnarb11890

-sunaj

Riiiight
Quote by Diemon Dave
I've had maybe 5 beers, cumulatively, over my whole life.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
some doctors and all treatment counselors just assume you're lying about the amount of anything you do. your doctor might be an alcoholic himself
if it's regular, it probably is an issue. like if you can't do without your 2 beers.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by soundgarden1986
i drink quite frequently and dont consider myself an alcoholic considering i have no dependency on it

not having to be at work until noon is a p big factor into why i even drink that often

I think you may be in denial. You don't even give the possibility of even a slight addiction . Be honest, be honest with yourself. I think that's important, don't you?

In my opinion drinking frequently with no dependency is impossible.

If you are a strong person like my stepdaughter you can be a functioning alcoholic. She excels at her job but needs to drink. She absolutely has to have it to have a good time.
Quote by mattedbird
some doctors and all treatment counselors just assume you're lying about the amount of anything you do. your doctor might be an alcoholic himself

That's because people do regularly misreport stuff like this. It's not always intentional, but people do over/underestimate things.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I think drinking that much would concern me and is definitely both unhealthy and high risk behaviour. You're not going to have a physical dependency at that level however.

I don't think it's unusual behaviour though. I think a lot of people would have a large glass of wine every day, which depending on the size and strength of the beers would likely be more units. But again, that's it's not unusual and is reasonably socially acceptable doesn't stop it being a bad idea.

EDIT: by physical dependence I mean would suffer withdrawl symptoms - drinking that often you would still develop a tolerance
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Feb 20, 2016,
people that drink a few glasses of wine are sophisticated, people who drink a few beers, alcoholic
Quote by mattedbird
people that drink a few glasses of wine are sophisticated, people who drink a few beers, alcoholic

Idk my aunt drinks a few glasses of wine each night and she's definitely an alcoholic. And not even a functioning one at that
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Idk my aunt drinks a few glasses of wine each night and she's definitely an alcoholic. And not even a functioning one at that
I guess I should say, it's a stereo-type...I've definitely done some getting loaded on wine
Quote by yope

I think you may be in denial. You don't even give the possibility of even a slight addiction . Be honest, be honest with yourself. I think that's important, don't you?

In my opinion drinking frequently with no dependency is impossible.

If you are a strong person like my stepdaughter you can be a functioning alcoholic. She excels at her job but needs to drink. She absolutely has to have it to have a good time.

i know i didnt give the possibility of a addiction thats because i dont have one
i don't think it's alcoholism but i don't know you.

plus alcoholism is very cultural, in one of the winemaking parts of the country a lot of people drink several glasses of wine a day. wine during lunch, wine during dinner, wine during physical labour, wine with friends, etc.

over here that would be considered straight up alcoholism by many, over there it's just appreciating wine.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I had two beers with lunch today, feeling European
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
2 a day?

No, that's nothing, it may be as addicting as coffee at the very worst. Now if you sleep 8 hours, missing your midsleep cycle 3-4 shots of vodka, and wake up shaking, hallucinating and vomiting. Then you're an alcoholic.
I agree it's probably borderline... more than that every single day seems like dependency.
I think it's more about if your life has become unmanageable (money problems, relationships, dui's.....). the problem with that is, most alcoholics have a high level of denial and refuse to see it.......and what stratkat said for sure
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Thats how I afford my beers
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by mattedbird
I think it's more about if your life has become unmanageable (money problems, relationships, dui's.....).

No, it isn't.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

You know "happy hour" is a thing because people get off work & stop for a couple drinks, what world are you living in buddy?
Quote by neidnarb11890
You know "happy hour" is a thing because people get off work & stop for a couple drinks, what world are you living in buddy?

A world where I'm doing 100 miles of driving a day, while working from 6am-6pm, 6 days a week.

Ain't nobody got time for happy hour.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 20, 2016,
Page 1 of 3