Hey guys, I've currently got a Fender Super Sonic 60, and it's not exactly what i'm looking for. I've got all the channel options, but yet it seems I'm only exclusively on the Bassman setting of the clean channel. This is a great clean sound, but I feel the overdrive channel is lacking, mainly the lack of low end sound.

I'm really looking for an amp that will give me a nice light to medium overdrive sound that would give me Dan Auerbach's base tone (i.e. "I Got Mine" verses) and would allow me to stack fuzz on that for crazy sounds and stack an OD on it so that I can also get a good Led Zep, AC/DC classic rock sound.

My budget if I sell the Super Sonic would be somewhere up close to $900-1000 probably and new or used is perfectly fine with me.

As I mentioned my favorite genres are 70s classic rock, new garage blues type rock and the like.

I play with a drummer but nothing is mic'd so I'd prefer 40 watts or more probably

Currently on my pedalboard are a Bad Monkey, Big Muff, Tremolo, Crybaby, and Digitech Whammy and I mainly play a ES-339 w/coil tap and a Strat, but I also have a Tele and LP.

In a pretty large city, with multiple guitar shops so pretty much anything is within reach.

Thanks for the help guys.
fender twin reverb seems like a popular choice.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
yeah seems to be my conundrum, do I get an american-voiced clean amp and then just get a great pedal (OCD?) and and layer OD's and Fuzz to get Black Keys/White Stripes tones or do I get something that has a clean channel and a good Classic Rock OD Channel built in
What you probably want is a plexi style amplifier.

But, a bassman type circuit pushed hard should be able to cover that territory.

Other options:

Perhaps you could try a speaker swap, something that will put out more lows? I'm pretty sure those came with Vintage 30 speakers which should have some bump, but maybe it just isn't the right speaker for that amp.

You could run an EQ pedal to try and tweak things out a bit more.

You could try it out with a closed back extension cab to fill out your sound more.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
JCM800 combo?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by ThunderPunk
What you probably want is a plexi style amplifier.

But, a bassman type circuit pushed hard should be able to cover that territory.

Other options:

Perhaps you could try a speaker swap, something that will put out more lows? I'm pretty sure those came with Vintage 30 speakers which should have some bump, but maybe it just isn't the right speaker for that amp.

You could run an EQ pedal to try and tweak things out a bit more.

You could try it out with a closed back extension cab to fill out your sound more.

Yeah the Bassman circuit running through the Super Sonic is pretty great, its got good sound and good low end. Then I just don't know what pedals to chain into that. Would a plexi pedal sound good through a clean bassman circuit?

Its just like I have a 3 channel amp and I almost exclusively use 1 of them so it seems kind of like a waste to have all that extra circuitry.
Go try out the new Fender Bassmaster.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What about a Mesa F-Series?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
The new Fender Bassbreaker might be right up your alley as Cathbard suggested. I believe it is Fenders take on a Marshall Bluesbreaker which was Marshalls take on a Fender Bassman circuit - it makes sense if you read it a few times... kinda.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
See this other thread. A Fender MV head with twin cabinets would do this and more....
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Quote by MusicLaw
See this other thread. A Fender MV head with twin cabinets would do this and more....

Just curious... but, do you like the Fender Mustang amps by chance?
My dude, you running a combo version of the Super Sonic? My guitar tech was running one and he decided that he'd change the speaker and he put a WGS ET-90 in it and it changed everything for him. Made him love it more than any of his other amps. Even convinced me to try the speakers in my RV50 combo.

What I'm saying is, if it has a V30 in it... It's worth trying a new speaker if you're real close but not quite there. WGS stuff is less than $100 a speaker for a lot of their line too.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Just curious... but, do you like the Fender Mustang amps by chance?
I love the higher end Fender Mustangs for their awesome convenience and integrated capabilities -- once you get past their default out of the box configurations. YMMV.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps