OK I am a guitar player but I do all my own recording so I need a bass to make complete sounding recordings. My old bass a 99 Carvin Kitbass is having neck issues and the replacement here is less than a new neck for the carvin. (I did the finish my self in 99 so that could be part of the problem there)

The new one is a Squier Jaguar Bass. 30 inch scale so is more guitar player friendly than a 34 inch scale and it still sounds big. The output on it is a bit lower than most of the other basses I tried but it sounded better than most I tried too. the P bass pickup has a great growl to it and the J bass pickup adds a bit of slice to it when needed. The fit and finish is quite good there is a touch of slop in the tuning gears but they work for now overall can't complain when it set me back only 180$ new. Here is a produced track I made with the bass.
https://soundcloud.com/dresden-conspiracy/deep-freeze
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nice bass, but do you know there is a bass guitar section. i'm sure the mod will move it over..

CAR is a nice color.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Happy NBD!

I've only ever played one short-scale bass, and it still sounded deep enough that it's really making me consider checking out one of those Squier Bass VI reissues. There's a video of Rob Chapman and The Captain playing one (along with the Fender Custom Shop version) and they sound magnificent!

Checking out your sound clip, too. Sounds great! +1 follow from me.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Thanks guys. I like CAR with the black pickguard I have a Strat in that color it looked weak with the white pickguard so I got a black pearl one now it looks great. I probably should have put it in the bass section but I am a guitar player it is an instrument for augmenting my guitar playing. I was considering getting a bass 6 but I have an unreasonable fear of floating trems.