Page 1 of 2
i used to be a fan of those brushes with the built in soap dispenser but i found that the nature of it made it hard to manoeuvre because it's essentially a rod and so it became a nuisance. then i switched to steel wool and steel wool that pretends to not scratch surfaces but all steel wool scratches surfaces so i ruled that out. i used the scotch spongepads but i didn't like the abraisive side of it at all so now i've switched to a sponge-cloth thing that's basically a washcloth made out of sponge and i really like it because it's versatile and and easy to clean and long lasting
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Depends on the dish, and what I have to clean off it.

I don't actually have any non-stick pots or pans, so anything stubborn on those is steel wool right away.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Depends on the dish, and what I have to clean off it.

I don't actually have any non-stick pots or pans, so anything stubborn on those is steel wool right away.

Pretty much. Except I do have non-stick pans so for those I just use a sponge
Quote by Bladez22 at #33846456

was about to post these brilliant little things
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

man the pit is slow tonight
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Sponge and steel wool for me
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33846472
Steel wool easy

lol at caring about scratched dishes

i bet you scrape all the non stick off of pans too
borax and hot water solution + any scrubby thing

dem chemicals
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Hilarious thread.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Bladez22
i bet you scrape all the non stick off of pans too

Nah why would you scrub non stick with steel wool nothing should stick to it that's why it's nonstick
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33846492
Nah why would you scrub non stick with steel wool nothing should stick to it that's why it's nonstick

because some people use steel wool on everything and it bothers me
I use scotch brite knockoffs because they're gonna get filthy pretty quick anyway so I don't want to pay any more than I have to for a sponge. same goes for most cleaning supplies I use, actually: if I can't get it at a Chinese hardware store i have to think about whether i really need it

i need the rough side to clean the inside of my rice cooker pot and baking trays, but everything else does fine with the smooth side.

I have a bottle brush for my water bottles and blender and brita pitcher but i don't use it often
cat
what is your favourite dish cleaning tool

ur mom lo0olollolloollo0olllo0lllllol

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I prefer the sponges that have the scrubbing side

Also steel wool is terrible. I wouldn't even use it on cast iron, unless I was restoring an old, rusted pan or something.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Feb 21, 2016,
Used to just be a regular old cloth kinda guys but my girlfriends been getting me into sponges since we moved in together.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
we're really scraping at the bottom for thread ideas these days aren't we

As if youve ever cleaned a dish in your life babby. We all know your servants do that
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I mostly use those plastic scrubber things:

Unless the cast iron skillets are really gunked up and the plastic stuff isn't working. Then I use these:

and after drying them wipe the bottom down with a little oil using a paper towel and stick it in the oven for a while.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Feb 21, 2016,
No guitar player should ever wash dishes by hand. None. Ever. This is the correct answer.
Quote by Standard_A440
No guitar player should ever wash dishes by hand. None. Ever. This is the correct answer.

How else are they supposed to make money?
Quote by The4thHorsemen
How else are they supposed to make money?

Well, they can take their guitar skills and get to sucking dick.
Skip the username, call me Billy
My hands do 90% of the work without needing a sponge/scraper.

Let the dishes soak in hot water for 15-30 minutes, makes them much easier to clean.
Quote by roger
Fake ones don't count, dude.

damn, are you serious?
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
tbh the thing that has worked best for me is a proper washsink. I prefer something that is deep enough that I can soak dishes in hot soapwater for a period of time before scrubbing, and it is optimal to have another deep sink beside it to rinse everything off in without it getting gross/cold pretty quickly.

at the bakery, we would keep steel wool for dire situations but avoid it unless absolutely necessary.
we had a huge supply of these sponges, which we'd keep 2 or 3 of in rotation at all times so that one was softer (more used) and one was more rough.

I don't like those dual-sided sponges because they deteriorate quickly. we would keep a washcloth in the soapwater for anything that needed a very soft/fine surface. a brush with a nob can be helpful for getting inside of containers or brushing off dry debris, but otherwise it strains your wrist and doesn't give you much of a finish.

#justdishthings
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Paper plates, cups and plastic spoons...otherwise the dishwasher if I use my good China for company.
Flying in a blue dream
Quote by Bladez22

The glorious and majestic Pusheen is most agreeable to me.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Bladez22 at #33846456

My man

steel wool is only good on stuff that is properly stuck on

Quote by vintage x metal at #33847091
tbh the thing that has worked best for me is a proper washsink. I prefer something that is deep enough that I can soak dishes in hot soapwater for a period of time before scrubbing, and it is optimal to have another deep sink beside it to rinse everything off in without it getting gross/cold pretty quickly.

also this, hot water and detergent soaking does 90% of your work for you
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Page 1 of 2