First check with your Service provider to be sure you use a compatible device. Any of the newer dual band routers with external detachable SMA mount antennas should do you very well! These have all come way down in price with significantly improved bandwidth throughput. If you need expanded area coverage there are additional repeater units (often called extenders) and, you can signifcantly boost your main unit's wi-fi coverage by replacing the stock detachable SMA antennas with higher gain antennas. Get in touch with any good Ham Radio store and they will set you up regarding the upgrade antennas. If you get a 2.4 and 5 GHz system, you'll need dual band upgrade antennas.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Last edited by MusicLaw at Feb 22, 2016,
Okay you lost me there. That was too complicated for me. :/
Maybe you can help me pick from here? My friend suggested buying my wireless router from this company and I don't know which one to pick.
In all my years of IT, I've never heard of that company, which be possibly due to that fact I 'm not American, but it looks like those are all for commercial use, not residential, which you definitely don't need.

But for which router to chose, it depends on what you need.
Do you need a router capable of higher speeds? For example, my ISP supplied modem is not powerful enough to actually run the connection I'm paying for. And had to buy a router that was capable of running the speed.

Do you need a router with a greater wireless range than your current one? If so, you may be better off buying an extender, which is a little device you set near the end of your wifi range, and it grabs and re-sends the signal, effectively increasing the range.

Do you need networking drives? You'll want one with a good firmware on the router, and USB ports ready for it.

Personally, I would recommend something like this:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7RD3Z82486

Just as a general router, unless you specifically need more of something, or a certain feature, this will do most people perfectly.
I've been a huge fan of Bosch brand routers. DeWalt were okay as well, but there's just an element of polish on a Bosch product you often pay more for.

I've been in the market for them as well.... though I have been eyeing this wired one for a short while:
Bosch Router

If you insist on wireless, you really narrow your possible selections and will be stuck buying battery packs for long routing sessions.

.......troll.
Quote by dPrimmy
I've been a huge fan of Bosch brand routers.  DeWalt were okay as well, but there's just an element of polish on a Bosch product you often pay more for.

I've been in the market for them as well.... though I have been eyeing this wired one for a short while:
Bosch Router

If you insist on wireless, you really narrow your possible selections and will be stuck buying battery packs for long routing sessions.

.......troll.

I totally agree with you, even if this thread isn't new!   Bosch routers are really cool and have good quality for many years, one of my friends uses such model and he's very satisfied with it  Also I like different combo models too, like in this list from Cozzy too, they provide a very good connection too  
For example, I have such Linksys N900 and it's really nice, much better than my previous TP-Link Dir 300  I always had problems with old one, the connection in its case was so bad that it was extremely annoying  

The blood in me gives me eyes to see (c) Seigmen