Well yeah it's very radio friendly man, I love the bit of alternative it does have. Sounds very 90's in a good way, production quality is perfect, I loved your vocal style but can see how it's an "acquired taste". I loved the whole progression of the song and the change into the bridge, Great work!

Also how do you record vocals?

You can crit my music here man: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696884
Actually I liked the song and the performance but unlike others I didn't like the "fuzzy" vocal effect. As a radio friendly song you need to clearly hear the vocal. Good song and production.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Really like the song. Guitars build well, and are layered very nicely. They're also not at all repetitive, as there seem to be new licks coming in throughout the song. With the vocal effect and the overall production, it may be a little too alternative to be radio friendly. But honestly, that's its whole appeal to me.

https://soundcloud.com/the-bells-music
Thank you guys! Your thoughts are on the money!

I was sceptical about the fuzzy vocal too, but I sang the first part too softly for it to be a 'grungy' song so I thought I'd cover it up a bit to save money on doing the part over again.

To Etan and PoisonousPot:

I had my vocals recorded in a professional studio, so that must be the reason they sound good.

The engineer used a good mike through a pre-amp/compressor (he had many stacked together so I didn't ask him which one he was running the vocal thru).

Then he used an overdrive pedal (just a teensy-weensy bit) over the double track vocal (not the main one) and then the delay/reverb (pro tool plug-ins). I'm not big on recording so I didn't really recognize the plugins.

Cheers!
I felt like I was listening to Alice in Chains if their vocalist didn't do his typical dark harmonies with his melody.

The song keeps building which is one of the things I look for most in songwriting.
I love the interlude towards the middle of the song, gets really pretty and melodic.

It sounds like the electric guitar is too quiet, and is really begging to be center stage at the end. It sounds like the engineer wanted to keep the string sound of the acoustic present and that's understandable, but it feels like what is an epic outro needs that huge distortion up front if your face.

c4c https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1697425
That really reminded me of Aeon Spoke (the side project of Cynic's Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert).

The fuzzy vocal would probably not make it very radio-friendly along with the "atypical" song structure, but that doesn't mean the song isn't GREAT. This was one of the most enjoyable things I've heard from a fellow UGer! You get a +1 follow from me!

c4c: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1697446
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
I thought the production sounded great, the arrangements etcetera sounded great also. But I thought it sounded a little old in style to be what I would consider "radio friendly" and more importantly, I found it was missing a hook. To me, you had a chorus and a pre-chorus there, and a bridge.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Feb 24, 2016,
I can very very easily imagine hearing this on the radio when I was younger and my town actually had good rock radio

The track builds very nicely, and the playing of the instruments is really nice. Even the simpler parts, you can tell from listening that care was taken and effort was expended in getting each part to work for the song the best it could.

I also like the layering of acoustic and electric guitars here. Most of the time, when I hear them layered like this, I just find them to be a little trite. Here however, it's put to good use. Sometimes they aren't playing exactly the same thing, and you get a little more of a spectrum of sound and color that you wouldn't get if you had the same guitar playing those different parts. But other times, when they ARE playing the same thing, it feels like a Phil Spector wall-of-sound kind of thing and I'm loving it.

I honestly can't think of any complaints about this track.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Hey guys,

Thank you very much for your comments and critique. I'll try to put them to best use possible.

I'll try and record some darker songs that I have (radio-friendly or not ) when my next paycheck comes in.

Good luck with your own music, fellows. You have an amusing community thing going on here I'm kinda sad we don't have anything like that in Russia.
S C,
Even though I use a lot of effects on my vocals, I agree the vocals are a bit fuzzy for my taste. The song itself is quite good and so is the singing. The melodies and the guitar playing are good. When the vocals are less intense, the song reminds me of REM at times (not a bad thing). I can't guarantee you'll get radio play, but I would say the song is radio friendly. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1695931