seen this at a local pawn shop earlier today for £99 ($140) and thought it looked alright, picked it up and it plays alright too, the action was nice and low and there didn't seem to be any fret buzzing or anything of that nature.

i may or may not be interested in buying it, 60/40 against it at the moment, but i would just like to know a bit more about it if anyone knows anything?

the best i can give you are these facts: it's made by Gould, it's really lightweight, it's a sunburst colour superstrat, H-H config, has stupid aftermarket knobs on, has a 3-way selector switch and has gold hardware.

Pics (in spoilers because they're HUUUGE):

full front:

back of head:

front of head:

closer view of body:

back of body:

any help would be appreciated

cheers guys & girls & everyone in between.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Newer Goulds are just your run of the mill MIC guitars. Generic hardware and generic pickups. They're okay I guess.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The bridge pickup is the wrong way round, this could be a sign of manufacturer error or an aftermarket pickup being installed, if it's a good one you might be lucky.

I have generally found that people in Cash Converters know fuck all about anything guitar related and it is easy to blag them down a few quid when you are buying, point out things on the guitar that make it actually worth less than they think, like the backwards pickup, aftermarket knobs, look and see if the tuners or any other hardware look loose/damaged/not clean/rusty also point out any cosmetic damage.

I got my Strat down from £90 to £30 by bullshitting my way through it with the guy in the store, pointing out this and that and the other wrong with it that the guy who bought it in must have missed.

Cash Converters always overvalue their shit anyway, fuck those guys they can afford to haggle.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Oh god yeh i know they overvalue stuff massively and occasionally undervalue stuff too, it depends on the day i guess, sometimes i can get things half price, some days there's just no budging...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I guess it just depends on how much the idiot behind the counter thinks he knows about guitars.

I also had a look around in there and noticed they over value games consoles and shit like that as well, my girlfriends works at Game and it is always cheaper to get stuff from there, even sometimes the brand new stuff.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb