Page 1 of 3
These days it seems like guitar solos are not as cool as they were back in the 80s,and such. Some bands like Avenged-Seven-Fold have good guitar solos but then other bands like 21 pilots don't have any guiar solos at all

I think its because computer music made people lazy and they can just press a button and make a song and it doesn't take any TALENT unlike writing a really good guitar solo like in Fade to Black by Metallical or other bands like Stryper and such.

I wasn't born in the 80s but I feel like I should of been because people actually cared about talent back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJky8YuTr4
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan at #33848352

I wasn't born in the 80s but I feel like I should of been because people actually cared about talent back then

lmao
wat

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
honestly it is bc the majority of guitar solos fucking suck

there are some good ones yeah but shit, I'm happy bands aren't trying to eek out some filthy excuse for a guitar solo bc they think they can't write a song as a band without one
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

This decade is closer to the 80s.
Gender bending and ambiguous sexuality was all the rage back then, only this decade it's political.
also lmao
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by EyeNon15
This decade is closer to the 80s.
Gender bending and ambiguous sexuality was all the rage back then, only this decade it's political.

So just as much cocaine?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
So just as much cocaine?

Cocaine and marijuana were exactly the same thing in the 80s
Quote by StewieSwan
does anyone remember dokken?

I remember seeing a George Lynch sig ESP in a pawn shop in 99. You know, one of the ones that made your eyes bleed.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
21 pilots suck tho

real talk though, 21 pilots is one of the most talented groups around right now.
PM me for newts
my name is cuuuuurry face and I don't care what you think

that song sucks lol
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by StewieSwan
real talk though, 21 pilots is one of the most talented groups around right now.

There's no equivalence between talent and good music, though.
Quote by Diemon Dave
i just think has to do with bad taste in music

and laziness

most popular music you hear on the radio is simple beats and some fl studio magic with semi talented vocalists trying to rap and sing. Then you have popular radio artists like ed sheeran and taylor swift who play 4 chords and call it a song.

meh im gonna go listen to some van halen
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I remember seeing a George Lynch sig ESP in a pawn shop in 99. You know, one of the ones that made your eyes bleed.

which one? The eye bleed inducing tiger design or the 15 other shitty ones ESP did?

Was it next to a Warren DeMartini Charvel too and 800 pounds of rack equipment?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Cuz like all things that demand a preference from the sentient being interact with it, that preference may be a like or a dislike.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
which one? The eye bleed inducing tiger design or the 15 other shitty ones ESP did?

Was it next to a Warren DeMartini Charvel too and 800 pounds of rack equipment?

That reminds me. I have to finish wiring my eye-bleeding MIM strat refin.

It's so bad it's probably going to be hidden from sight.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by StewieSwan

ur funny

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
guitar solos don't do anything for me anymore
i don't even like computer music, i listen to shit folk and indie and japanese pop-rock now

but like the guitar solo in the live pulse version of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb used to give me goosebumps evertiem, but now it's just like "alright eh"

there are still some guitar solos i like and will think "aw yea nice" when i hear em, but for the most part i just don't care
i value vocals and melody a lot more than solos
Quote by StewieSwan
These days it seems like guitar solos are not as cool as they were back in the 80s,and such. Some bands like Avenged-Seven-Fold have good guitar solos but then other bands like 21 pilots don't have any guiar solos at all

I think its because computer music made people lazy and they can just press a button and make a song and it doesn't take any TALENT unlike writing a really good guitar solo like in Fade to Black by Metallical or other bands like Stryper and such.

Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 22, 2016,
List of good guitar solos:

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
There are good guitar solos in fandom.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by WCPhils
21 pilots are gr8

You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
rt it's because music has moved past the point where guitar solos/guitar-driven music was integral. now any new guitar solo sounds cliche and boring because most of it has been done before, especially if you consider yourself a "blues player"
Quote by StewieSwan
some bands have whole songs that are guitar solos these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd6hTuN0bLg

my shit

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYdAmOPd1M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R40wAZxMsTg
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by StewieSwan

The fact that you included "Stryper" and "talent" in the same sentence tells me you are either trolling or you are too stupid live among other humans.
Quote by BobBastard
The fact that you included "Stryper" and "talent" in the same sentence tells me you are either trolling or you are too stupid live among other humans.

They used to sell out strype clubs back in the 80s
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJky8YuTr4

dude if you wee born in the 80s you still would have missed out. by the time you got old enough to appreciate anything the 80s would have been done

i was in my 20s during the 80s and it wasn't all guitar solos and hair metal. plenty of alt and new wave type bands with no solos and many had no guitars either. solos haven't gone anywhere they just aren't popular in Pop music these days. plenty of other types of music where guitar solos can still be found. many metal styles still have guitar solos all over any given song. country has tons of solos in the classic rock vein. plenty of solos in jazz and blues.
Page 1 of 3