1 13%
Song 3
2 25%
Song 4
0 0%
Song 5
2 25%
Voters: 8.
*puts hand up in "high five" position, but doesn't expect a high five, it's just a common greeting that people do with their hands*

1- We need to decide what the concept for "concept week" will be D:

2- How was your day?

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "chrominance" (deadsmileyface)

2 - "Mercury" (mind_meld, SirZep)

3 - "Bye Bye" (Joshua1207)

4 - "Reggae" (boooysti)

5 - "nouveauté" (whywefight)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song:
From Trifonas, it's "Shell"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Saturday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
Just stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6Q-BfnHFc

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696841
1- Maybe try to perfectly cover a song, make it sound as accurate as possible, without trying to add your own style or anything?

2- Today I drew a pretty dope water drop, which made me think I can actually learn to paint and maybe do it for a living at some point. Also carpentry maybe. I'm thinking of building a dope coffee table.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Feb 23, 2016,
1. I really dgaf about concept week and I don't remember it ever being terribly successful, I'd be ok with axing it tbh

Like I'd rather move on to something we're all actually interested in rather than being like, 'oh whatever that concept sounds fine' and then nobody submits songs

2. My day was great. Worked for a while, recorded stuff for a while

Here is a dramatic recreation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txVqr1eNwc
Last edited by whywefight at Feb 22, 2016,
Hi there K

And @wwf, yeah I'm not very excited about concept week either, maybe we should talk about it.

Also... that was genuinely the BEST dramatic recreation I've ever seen.
Quote by K'Nuckles at #33848743
Hi Dave

I've been jamming for about 3 hours straight

Really been enjoying playing a lot lately

Yourself?

hey that's cool man. Oh you know, I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between.....
Quote by Minicaxotinho at #33848745
Hi there K

And @wwf, yeah I'm not very excited about concept week either, maybe we should talk about it.

Also... that was genuinely the BEST dramatic recreation I've ever seen.

Yeah I think it's time we had this talk

and yes that was roughly what I did all day
Quote by whywefight
hey that's cool man. Oh you know, I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between.....

Yeah I think it's time we had this talk

and yes that was roughly what I did all day
We need to put ehbacon to bed first, I don't think he's old enough for the talk.

Quote by K'Nuckles
Bom dia Mini

I should participate in this again sometime but I'm so lazy
Oi. Please participa
Yeah but it's hard to find stuff that everyone can relate to, even more if it's on a semi-regular basis.

And you can butt in anytime
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Feb 23, 2016,
1. That rendering is from rhino, right?
Really mechanical and atmospheric and seems pretty original. The aounds you used made me think of Tim Hecker.
I dislike that percussion thingy at 3:20, but it doesn't stay that long so not a big deal. Overall pretty great.

2. I don't really like the synths. They seem a bit cheesy. On the contrary I particularly enjoy the parts where you harmonise and the part with the slight acoustic guitar.

3. The main piano melody was kinda dull and the harmonies on top of that made it a bit too cheery for me. Loved the production though.

4. Your ideas of chord progression are interesting, though kinda poorly executed. However I think you're getting better with each one of these last few tunes of yours.

5. Wew lad 2edgy4me
Just kidding. Loved the deep bass and the offbeat snare hits. Can't say the same about that riff (maybe a synth? I can't tell).
And the vocals were surprisingly well. Didn't expect them.
Still I know shit about metal, but they would fit a Deafheaven song really nice.

Don't know who to vote yet, but I'll probably go with chrominance

edit: went with chrominance
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Last edited by Trifonas at Feb 23, 2016,
Quote by Trifonas

4. Your ideas of chord progression are interesting, though kinda poorly executed. However I think you're getting better with each one of these last few tunes of yours.

Tbh I don't write alot of my own songs, just ones for stuff like this. I'm more of a lead guitarist and I hate coming up with chord progressions. My only influences are bands that don't stick to normal chord progressions so it makes it hard.
METAL
\m/ \m/