So I'm just a gear geek and I was wondering what everyone's dream rig is (including guitars).

What would you take with you on a desert island? You get one guitar, one amp (or stack), four pedals, one set of strings, and one of whatever misc objects you want (it has to be able to fit in a travel suit case is the general consensus...except the guitar and amp of course.)

Or you can just tell me what your dream rig is with however much of whatever you so desire.

Desert Island rig: Fender Super Champ x2 head and cab. Fender American Standard Stratocaster. Mojo Hand Iron Bell, VHT Echo-Verb Delay and Reverb Pedal, EVH 5150 OD, and the MXR M234 Analogue Chorus. d'Addario NYXL 9/42 strings. 1 all purpose capo, dunlop ultex sharp 1.14 picks.

If you have an interest then hit me up.
Quote by chordmonkey96
So I'm just a gear geek and I was wondering what everyone's dream rig is (including guitars).

What would you take with you on a desert island? You get one guitar, one amp (or stack), four pedals, one set of strings, and one of whatever misc objects you want (it has to be able to fit in a travel suit case is the general consensus...except the guitar and amp of course.)

Or you can just tell me what your dream rig is with however much of whatever you so desire.

Desert Island rig: Fender Super Champ x2 head and cab. Fender American Standard Stratocaster. Mojo Hand Iron Bell, VHT Echo-Verb Delay and Reverb Pedal, EVH 5150 OD, and the MXR M234 Analogue Chorus. d'Addario NYXL 9/42 strings. 1 all purpose capo, dunlop ultex sharp 1.14 picks.

Ibanez Prestige RG652FX, Fryette Sig X with the matching 4x12, Earthquaker Devices Afterneath, EVH flanger, Pro-Tone Misha Mansoor overdrive, TC Electronic T2 Reverb. Dunlop Super Bright 10-52, Gravity Sunrise Picks (the new thin ones). I would actually go with an Axe Fx 2 with just the foot controller for my amp but I thought that would be a boring answer
this thread has been done sooo many times. i have a lot of gear, and my want list is getting shorter.

i guess as far as [practical] amps go, i wouldn't mind an bogner uberschall or an engl fireball or something.

for guitars, i would love a a '59 AVRI strat, or maybe another USA tele.

pancakes - i didn't remember you had a sig:x. i haven't played mine in ages. i will have to dig it out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Classic
Marshall MG100DFX
Any 4 Digitech pedals other than the Bad Monkey
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
ken lawrence explorer
engl fireball
dr dimebag 9-50
typical od peal.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
SLO, American tele with P90's, Timmy, Eventide FX.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Old but gold. I don't mind these threads as they're always fun. Mine change all the time, but probably something like this:

Laney VH100R (older model with good electronics)
Godin Session (maybe a custom color? Transparent dark red, honeyburst, blueburst etc.)
Hungry Robot HR OD and Stargazer reverb, Walrus Bellwether, Digitech Luxe
A thick Gravity Sunrise pick
A capo

Strings... whatever. Ernie Ball 10-52 set. I haven't tried Cleartones yet, but maybe those.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I already have the guitars, my Gibson les paul custom and my Ibanez Jem 7vSBL
either Soldano SLO100 or a Splawn Quickrod
im not into effects a whole lot, My noise suppressor, polytune and a clean boost.
Strandberg Boden 7 w/koa top (true temperament frets would be nice)
Either a PRS Archon or a nice Orange
Boss super octave, Strymon timeline, any generic looper and a boost
NYXL 10-52 ( out whatever the 7 string equivalent is)
An ebow
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
Last edited by Jimjambanx at Feb 23, 2016,
Gibson Les Paul Custom (black) loaded with Monty's GT500s
Brunetti Mercury 50w
Mesa Rectifier Cab 4x12

Pedalboard Pedaltrain ClassicPro :
TC Electronic Polytune (that's the only on this list that I have )
ThorpyFX Muffroom Cloud Fuzz
John Petrucci Crybaby Wah
Keeley Compressor Pro
Xotic EP Booster
Hermida Audio (Lovepedal) Zendrive
Electro-Harmonix POG2
Free The Tone TRIAVATAR Multi-dimensional Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Keeley Electronics Double Tracker
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
Electro-Harmonix Cathedral Reverb
Ditto Looper
ZCAT Big Reverb TI
And a GigRig G2 to control all of the above apart from tuner, looper and wah.

Soo yeah, lots of things... Then again, I kinda have my dream guitar, my custom and don't need another 7 string so in a way I'm halfway there. Also, that Brunetti is nowhere near practical for my current living situation, but this was a dreaming thread, not real life
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Feb 23, 2016,
trick question because there's no electricity on a desert island.

But mine would be an old ac30, an old tele and my current pedal board.
Quote by flexiblemile
trick question because there's no electricity on a desert island.

But mine would be an old ac30, an old tele and my current pedal board.

True.

Maybe I'd just take a classical guitar.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
True.

Maybe I'd just take a classical guitar.

A hunting rifle seems even better then.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
Quote by trashedlostfdup
this thread has been done sooo many times. i have a lot of gear, and my want list is getting shorter.

i guess as far as [practical] amps go, i wouldn't mind an bogner uberschall or an engl fireball or something.

for guitars, i would love a a '59 AVRI strat, or maybe another USA tele.

pancakes - i didn't remember you had a sig:x. i haven't played mine in ages. i will have to dig it out.

It was a Deliverance 60 actually, loooved the tone but I needed an effects loop, I would love a Sig X though, I'm scouring the used market for one.
Bare-bones dream rig? Modded Mesa Road King, Ibanez Universe, Dunlop 535q, modded Tubescreamer, Musket Fuzz, and probably some boutique chorus and/or delay.

Going all out dream rig-of-doom?
AMPS: Road King, Soldano SLO, and a Splawn QuickRod. I wouldn't mind an ENGL either.
GUITFIDDLES: custom Ibanez 7-string, a Mayones 7 string, a Caparison (you guessed it, 7 string), and I'll bring along my Universe for old times' sake.
PEDALS: Too many to list. But some highlights would be a Timmy, Crybaby rack wah, Analogman compressor, etc.
OTHER: a whole bunch of cabs of all types and sizes with as many different brands/models of speakers as I can get.

I'm with Kev here, I like one of these threads once in a blue moon, gives me a chance to dream a little.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Quote by chordmonkey96

you don't dream very big do you i mean how bout a Custom Shop strat and certainly you could come with a way better amp.pedal choices aren't bad i guess.

not a clue as i've yet to find what i consider "perfect gear". the fun is in the journey though. like trashed i've tried a ton of stuff and have half way decent stuff (even though it's not dreamy or even high end).
I'd have trouble going without my current rig, honestly. The 5150-modded 6505+ really delivers the brootz and would effectively scare away island cannibals and/or frighten carnivorous animals. I'd need something with a lush clean channel though. My pedalboard is pretty much the way I want it right now; Mxr 10-band, TC ELECTRONIC Hof, Flashback, EQD Afterneath, Boss NS-2, MXR M77 OD, and a Crybaby.

So the head I'd go for is a Mesa Royal Atlantic, with a 50-year supply of NOS tubes.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
These threads are fun.

2 x Hughes and Kettner TriAmp Mk. II (Green LED Mod)

2 x Mesa Boogie Recto 4x12, each loaded with 2 V30s and 2 Greenbacks

1 x Digitech GSP1101, set full wet. Delays and reverbs my man.

So one amp runs completely dry, one is completely processed.

Guitars, about 5 Ibanez Prestige 6 strings with Evolution bridge P/Us.

That's it.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Peavey XXXii head
Mesa/Boogie 4x12 cab with V30's
Gibson Kirk Hammett V
D'Addario XL 10-52 strings
TC Electronic Sentry
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
MXR Phase 90
Boss DD3

Not the most versatile rig, but it does what I like, and that's metal
Quote by monwobobbo
you don't dream very big do you i mean how bout a Custom Shop strat and certainly you could come with a way better amp.pedal choices aren't bad i guess.

not a clue as i've yet to find what i consider "perfect gear". the fun is in the journey though. like trashed i've tried a ton of stuff and have half way decent stuff (even though it's not dreamy or even high end).

I'm a man of relatively simple tastes. If it's the desert island rig then shouldn't it be the barest of bones?
Quote by henry.dierig
Peavey XXXii head
Mesa/Boogie 4x12 cab with V30's
Gibson Kirk Hammett V
D'Addario XL 10-52 strings
TC Electronic Sentry
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
MXR Phase 90
Boss DD3

Not the most versatile rig, but it does what I like, and that's metal

Maybe not versatile but at least you know what you like and your own sound.
Quote by chordmonkey96
I'm a man of relatively simple tastes. If it's the desert island rig then shouldn't it be the barest of bones?

hell no. giant stack that you can play on 11 after all it's an island so who you gonna bother.
Amps: Vintage AC30
Guitars: Vintage Tele
Pedals: H&K Rotosphere, Fulltone Clyde, Fuzz Factory, Digitech Trio (since I'd get bored playing by myself)

I'd also bring along a slide
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
Guitar: Fender USA Custom Shop Telecaster
Amp: Vox Ac30
Pedals: Amptweaker Tight Rock, Strymon El Capistan, Strymon Big Sky, Strymon Mobius, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Morley Bad Horsie Wah and TS9
Other: Capo, D'addario 10s strings, Plantet Waves Black Ice heavy picks
Last edited by nico_9550 at Feb 27, 2016,