We shouldn't leave
31 67%
Voters: 46.
Page 1 of 2
I don't know enough to vote either way yet
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

This is so hilarious. Not just because it might fuck up the economies of the EU and the UK. But because the Scots just voted against independence, and they want to be in the EU.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I vote that Scotland becomes part of the Netherlands! It would be so great if the country was best known for drugs and sightings of mysterious lake monsters
shouldn't leave.

also I have yet to see an argument for leaving that is rational in any way.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
My gut feeling says stay, but I don't really understand economics enough to know why.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Please qualify ur post with 'the mistaken scots' neo m8
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by RAB11 at #33849365
My gut feeling says stay, but I don't really understand economics enough to know why.

My gut feeling is stay because Cameron and Farage want us to leave

If we don't leave it will destroy Farage and Boris's careers so #nice

Quote by Trowzaa

Cameron wants us to stay m9

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I think youllfind cameron wants us to stay trowz
Quote by ErikLensherr

see, i told you i don't know anything about it

Quote by theguitarist
shouldn't leave.

also I have yet to see an argument for leaving that is rational in any way.

But all the EU laws... sovereignty!

Which is funny cause Labour and Lib Dems are actually in the commission majority. So the EU laws are generally made by them. And I think they represent the majority of the English voters, don't they?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Trowzaa

Yeah. I think a lot of it hinges on immigration because somehow people think not letting Polish people in to do our menial jobs will somehow make Britain great again.

Doubt boris's career will be tainted. Sturgeon's was boosted by her defeat. It'll make boris some kindof maverick tory and he'll end up with more support than cameron
Quote by ErikLensherr

Yeah but Salmond led the campaign and he's out of the picture now. This is Boris's big #powerplay

Shame we're stuck with useless Jeremy who will fumble around not singing anthems instead of taking advantage of the Tory #split

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by steve_muse
Doubt boris's career will be tainted. Sturgeon's was boosted by her defeat. It'll make boris some kindof maverick tory and he'll end up with more support than cameron

Surely Sturgeon was just capitalising on Salmond stepping down though?

Boris is a fucking mug. Everyone's always like "oh, he's so silly and funny, i love boris" without realising how much of a tosser he is.

you're the first person to point that out wow

Quote by Trowzaa
Boris is a fucking mug. Everyone's always like "oh, he's so silly and funny, i love boris" without realising how much of a tosser he is.

He's a genius

ye but sturgeon was the spearhead for that whole campaign. If salmond hadnt retired i also doubt his credibility or whatever would've flopped
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Neo Evil11

Which is funny cause Labour and Lib Dems are actually in the commission majority. So the EU laws are generally made by them. And I think they represent the majority of the English voters, don't they?

not at all
Quote by tateandlyle
not at all

You're right. They completely sucked the last election(s).

edit: I actually had no idea that Labour generally scores worse than the Conservatives. How the hell were they in power for so long?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Feb 23, 2016,
Quote by RAB11

basic main economic points (imo):
free trading for businesses (no import fees, easier transfer of money, bigger market for british companies)

preferential treatment for eu businesses (eg less concern about getting undercut by china when trading within eu)

can use eu tenders & frameworks (for spending lots of public money on stuff. saves doing that expensive process in house, paying loads to lawyers and consultants)

free movement of labour (works both ways, so brits could go invade some other country if they wanted)

financial bargaining power (EU can discuss economics shit with other world powers, UK alone gets laughed out the room)

the biggest thing in my mind is trade. I think most of UK's exports are to EU and without it it'd cost a lot more to export and british businesses would lose what little competitiveness they have.

Quote by Neo Evil11

lol yeah MPs totally represent the will of their voters and not their own personal (usually barely rationalised) views

what gets me is why businesses who back the tories aren't forcing them to outright dismiss the topic since it always seemed to me they got more out of the eu than it was costing them (or maybe they had been up until far right idiots started popping up in their ranks)

only arguments I hear touted are immigration (boo hoo, we're in a global age, get over it), the membership fee (that shit above isn't free) and some rambling about a vague and undefined british national identity being undermined.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
What is the view of the City? Up untill Boris came out against it, I always though the Financial Sector wanted the EU? Cause we are happy to take their business in Frankfurt or Amsterdam.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Feb 23, 2016,
I've never heard the City being anything but pro EU.

Boris is an idiot we put in charge as a joke, since the mayor's job was never taken particularly seriously. The only things people notice the mayor having any impact on is the police and transport and I think most people figure he's just stamping his name on shit they were going to do anyway. Aside from that it's just silly little schemes here and there, like an adult equivalent of a student president (pretty much a joke role in schools here)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
If we leave will the price of my Lidl shopping go up?

if so not interested
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Depends, does Lidl hire cheap foreign workers? Does lidl import some of their goods? If any of these answers is yes, then yes, prices will go up.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by K'Nuckles
So yeah this is happening on the 23rd of June.
Thats almost a week away from my birthday.

That's all I have to add to this thread, really.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
All I know is that no sane person I'm familiar with would say leave, there's too much of an entangled, symbiotic relationship and the only discernible reason for leaving seems to be for some sort of pathetic nationalism and only comes from idiots who don't read.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Neo Evil11
What is the view of the City? Up untill Boris came out against it, I always though the Financial Sector wanted the EU? Cause we are happy to take their business in Frankfurt or Amsterdam.

Yeah Boris doesn't really speak for the city at all

Quote by Neo Evil11
Depends, does Lidl hire cheap foreign workers? Does lidl import some of their goods? If any of these answers is yes, then yes, prices will go up.

pretty much all of Lidl's stock is shifty off brand stuff from the EU lol.

I only go in there to buy a huge jar of huge gherkins because everywhere else sucks for it.

tesco/sainsburys have some shitty small sized ones that don't have a dodgy label, waitrose only ever hase super tiny french shit and while m&s has okay ones there is never enough in the jar (they have some giant imported ones from USA but it's over priced). only other choice other than lidl/aldi for a decent sized, cheap gherkin is going to a eastern euro leaning newsagent and buying some dusty jar of polish ones that are super soggy and floppy.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by beadhangingOne
Dissolve the EU, Europe is falling apart.

First time I have heard this. Despite a debt problem in some countries and a refugee crisis, we are actually doing all right. Not great, but alright.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
is there even an argument for leaving?

the only ones i've heard is a load of shit about "EU running the country innir, cant make our own laws anymor"

yeah fuck the EU for forcing humane working hours and HSE laws
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
is there even an argument for leaving?

the only ones i've heard is a load of shit about "EU running the country innir, cant make our own laws anymor"

yeah fuck the EU for forcing humane working hours and HSE laws

Immigration I suppose. Plus the laws are too left/centrist and progressive for the conservatives.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by gonzaw
What reasons are there for having this referendum right now?

loud minority of anti immigration babies been begging for it for ages

dipshit cameron (and others I guess) made it a big deal thing to promise to do at some point

loud minority kept crying "when".

1st tory term cameron could hide behind the 'busy fixing labours "mess"' nonsense.

2nd tory term he had to step it up and follow through because UKIP and got them seriously worried last election.

if issue wasn't addressed, there would be no chance of a 3rd tory term. why exactly around now though? I figure it's because things have cooled off from election and we're prob enough far away from another that people have time to just accept whatever the outcome is. if it was further down the line you'd get a bunch of upset party defectors all over the place and election would be pretty much demanded, which would be a very messy one.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Neo Evil11
Immigration I suppose. Plus the laws are too left/centrist and progressive for the conservatives.

yeah. in principle, conservatives should love the business/trade benefits but totally hate all the EU laws and regulations interfering. the benefits to businesses have always been worth jumping through some legislative hoops though. only people I see getting the bad side of it is small business who can't afford to deal with some things.

most of those laws are pretty good I feel though. I'm glad they overrule anything we would've done on a national level since that stuff is usually watered down to near uselessness to appease both our "left" and "right". whereas when it comes to the eu generally that "right" voice is quite suppressed.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2