Right now I'm mainly playing through an orange micro dark hooked up to a montage 1x12 cab (same exact specs as an orange ppc112... But cheaper ). Anyone who's familiar with the amp will know it's brilliant but basic with a pretty dark eq in the form of a single tone shaping knob. As dark as the name would suggest, anyway.

I want to expand my eq range and throw in some reverb and delay to thicken the sound a little bit but I can't really bust the bank. I'd go for an earthquaker dispatch master and a big brand 6 band pedal if I could but that's not really realistic for me atm. I am kind of considering going for a joyo 6 band eq and a behringer dr400 delay/reverb. I know, I know, behringer and joyo but it's really just an "in the now" type deal. I'm aware that these aren't the highest quality options. What I'm hoping is that using these won't cause background noise and tone suck... Cos that'd suck (sorry). I've heard demos and people say individually that they don't have much of an effect.

That got me thinking though, how about scraping a bit more cash and going for a board style multi effects pedal? There seem to be some fairly decent ones around £100 which I think I could manage and I'd get what I'm looking for and more. It'd be fun to get one of those ones with an expression pedal and stuff to mess around with a bit.

What would you guys suggest then? Important points:

-Around £100 (£150 Maxiest of the max, I'd say)
-Eq, delay and reverb
-Allows bypass of amp modelling so I can use the orange amp tone
-Minimal background noise / tone suck

It'd be nice to have a few decent amp models to play around with as well. Keep in mind I'm just a play at home and with friends kind of guy, I don't need creme de la creme but as long as it follows the important points I don't mind.

Thanks both for any suggestion and reading the essay I always turn threads into.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Last edited by sasquatchjosh96 at Feb 23, 2016,
Zoom G3. It has amp models, cab models, tons of fx with cheesy icons to clue as to which specific pedal its mimicking, a good looper, drum beats, tuner, usb, can opener, automatic dog washer amongst several other useful funtions.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Zoom G3. It has amp models, cab models, tons of fx with cheesy icons to clue as to which specific pedal its mimicking, a good looper, drum beats, tuner, usb, can opener, automatic dog washer amongst several other useful funtions.

My dogs ARE in need of automatic washes... On a less important note than the dogs, you'd say it's noise free? Looked it up and I'm sure I've heard good things about it before. Seems pretty tight. Thanks.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Last edited by sasquatchjosh96 at Feb 23, 2016,
as a previous owner of the zoom G3/G3x they are noiseless and great sounding effect units.
if you can get the g3X as it has the expression pedal you wanted, otherwise you can get the G3 and later when you got extra money, get the stand alone expression pedal they have.

you CAN set the cab simulator to direct, so it wont use the simulations.

also Boss and line 6 make great units. ive tried them and found boss was close, but still think zoom is better and easier to operate. just me tho
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Feb 23, 2016,
So I'm feeling a very zoom G3 vibe then. Cool, feels like there's a really good opinion of it and it seems right for me. Thanks for the suggestion guys.
Came here to suggest the G3. I would go with the G3X if you can for the expression pedal.

The Micro Dark also has an effects loop, use the G3(X) unit in that. Your delays, reverbs, and EQ will be a lot more pristine.