Hi,
So when I got my Mini Recifier it was my first amp with an effects loop, i tried putting my Delay and reverb in their but their was a loud hissing noise, so I just put it in the front. But I've read that using the same power supply can cause this. Am using a 1 spot for the reverb and a separate supply for the delay (DL4) I wondered is it safe if I keep the amp on , but plug cables in and out of the Effects loop to experiment?

Thanks!
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
I'd power it off or at least put it in standby. Off is safest.

Could also be the cables you are using. The FX loop is a very sensitive part of the amp.

Did you read the manual by chance? The manual for my Roadster has a lengthy discussion about the loop and where in the amp it really goes.

Also, what are the pedals?

My Roadster doesn't like my MXR Black Label Chorus in the loop - noticeable tone suck - but it does fine up front.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I don't see unplugging stuff from the effects loop while it's on hurting anything. I won't say that it definitively won't, because I don't know, but I've never worried about it and had no problems.
So I tried putting the delay and reverb into the effects loop. The clean channel sounded fine but the drive
Also I like the sound better in the front.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
I never had any luck with the 1 spot power supply I bought 2 of them, both were noisey and crapped out after a few months (one lasted abot 6 or 7 mo.), got the replacements through the warranty and the same result for those, for $19.99 I guess you cant expect much, my brother had one die in about 1 1/2 months. The thing is neither my brother or myself were gigging with these we were both just using them in stationary applications in home studio and with less than 6 pedals.

I ended up buying a used SKB powered board and have no problems with noise.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Feb 24, 2016,