Hello guys, is there anyone of you who knows a brand that can build your custom guitar, put your name on it and all that good stuff for a good price? I've checked on Gibson, Fender and all the major ones but none of them lets you have your name on the guitar.

Regards
A good custom built guitar is not cheap. I know two high quality luthiers who build custom guitars but a solid body electric will start around $4,000+ and hollow, semi hollow electrics and acoustic can go to $10,000+ easily. That's for very high quality custom guitars built completely from scratch (no Frankenstein parts guitar). If you are just looking to get a logo with your name you can buy a normal production guitar like a Strat, Tele or any guitar that just uses a decal rather than an inlay and have someone design a logo for you. You can then print the logo on waterslide decal sheets, sand off the manufacturers logo and slide yours onto the headstock and shoot it with several coats of lacquer.

http://www.decalpaper.com/
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by alep9841
Hello guys, is there anyone of you who knows a brand that can build your custom guitar, put your name on it and all that good stuff for a good price? I've checked on Gibson, Fender and all the major ones but none of them lets you have your name on the guitar.

"Brands" generally won't do "branding" for someone else.
You can have a guitar assembled from parts (Warmoth, USA, etc.) and have a waterslide decal applied. If you want something fancier, you can talk to a company like Custom Pearl Inlay to have your name inlaid into the headstock, fretboard or body of an existing guitar.

How custom will the guitar itself be?
Quote by Rickholly74
That looks great.

What are the names of these luthiers? just courious.
Quote by dspellman
How custom will the guitar itself be?

I would like to get something really good looking with custom designs on the freatboard, my name on the head of the guitar, maybe stick 2 EMGs there and maybe a 7 string; i hate djent tho, i would like to use that extra string in a more melodic way rather than using it as a percussion instrument. I still don't know the details like what type of wood i want to use.
Let me explain the thing about my name on the head: 3 months ago a really expensive guitar that i had won at a local guitar competition was stolen from me, i would like to have my name on the head because of that, i don't mind having, let's say ,a big Jackson logo on the head, as long as it has my name it's fine. I am also really young so i can't go really high with that price if i don't start working hard to earn some money.
This is the luthier I apprenticed with for about a year. He moved from New Jersey to Florida about 5 months ago into semi-retirement so I don't know if he's still building or not.

http://www.tomdoyleguitars.com/
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74
This is the luthier I apprenticed with for about a year. He moved from New Jersey to Florida about 5 months ago into semi-retirement so I don't know if he's still building or not.

http://www.tomdoyleguitars.com/

Thanks
Depending on the exact guitar you choose, perhaps all you really need is a neck:
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by firemetal666
http://ranguitars.com/
I got a quote just for shits and giggles a couple years ago and an axe with all the bells and whistles was about 3500. Some big name death metal players rocking these axes

The time to complete a build is 24 months, just crazy!
Quote by kabadi.man
__

I don't want to mess up the guitar and end up losing money.
Quote by alep9841
What are the names of these luthiers? just courious.

I would like to get something really good looking with custom designs on the freatboard, my name on the head of the guitar, maybe stick 2 EMGs there and maybe a 7 string; i hate djent tho, i would like to use that extra string in a more melodic way rather than using it as a percussion instrument. I still don't know the details like what type of wood i want to use.
Let me explain the thing about my name on the head: 3 months ago a really expensive guitar that i had won at a local guitar competition was stolen from me, i would like to have my name on the head because of that, i don't mind having, let's say ,a big Jackson logo on the head, as long as it has my name it's fine. I am also really young so i can't go really high with that price if i don't start working hard to earn some money.

what you want and cheap don't go hand in hand. having your name on the guitar won't make it any less likely to be stolen either. i know you are thinking identification but the price obviously exceeds your budget. you may want to look into a custom pickguard for instance as that would be way more affordable.
Quote by alep9841

Regards

Where in the world are you?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by monwobobbo
what you want and cheap don't go hand in hand.

Basically true. While I know of US luthiers whose prices start at $1000, any kind of engraving, inlay or paint that is custom- like one's initials or name on the headstock or as fingerboard inlay- is going to boost that price because of the additional labor involved. I'd be surprised to get something like that under @$2000-2500

having your name on the guitar won't make it any less likely to be stolen either.

100,000% true.

i know you are thinking identification but the price obviously exceeds your budget. you may want to look into a custom pickguard for instance as that would be way more affordable.

Greasy Groove- and other retailers- can supply or make all kinds of unusual or unique parts for almost any guitar. Besides pickguards, you can get personalized pickup covers, truss rod covers and the like.
http://www.greasygroove.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thank you all for replying, i think i might consider a custom pickguard.

Quote by Fisheth24
Where in the world are you?

I am based in Italy.
Daemoness will probably do what you want and more. Plus their custom inlay guy has to be one of the best on the planet. Similar pricing and wait time to RAN though.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Daemoness will probably do what you want and more. Plus their custom inlay guy has to be one of the best on the planet. Similar pricing and wait time to RAN though.

I'll look into it, thanks.
check out warmoth too, its a great site for building you own guitars
I'm a dirty fuckin' punk / i sell myself for a beer
Quote by alep9841
I'll look into it, thanks.

Can build you whatever you want, waiting time is about ten weeks right now.

http://public-peace.de/
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100