Influenza
2 3%
Religion :upto:
18 30%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 2
what disease would you eradicate?

I say the human race

Follow me on tumblr, like my page facebook.com/vegancisdestroyer and buy my handmade necklaces on etsy

thanks
Check out my band Disturbed
Stupidity
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Homosexuality so that we can be spared the wrath of god for their blasphemy

I hate Disney Princesses Reimagined As Genocidal 20th Century Dictators but I'd probably go for influenza.

An actual influenza pandemic fucking terrifies me

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by tateandlyle
i already ripped mine off

you next

doesn't make you any less of a man you transphobic shit

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by tateandlyle
i already ripped mine off

you next

I lost my tweezers
I like how the worst actual disease has 0 votes atm.
Quote by StewieSwan
I like how the worst actual disease has 0 votes atm.

Thats because the poll is shite
I say religion because that would make the middle east a bit less shit which would bring us one step closer to world peace (until someone starts a war over some other stupid shit)
I have nothing important to say
Quote by sam b
Thats because the poll is shite

yeah but you hate literally everything
Quote by StewieSwan
yeah but you hate literally everything

Dunno what that has to do with your awful poll
probably schizophrenia. we've managed to exterminate small pox, gotten pretty close with polio, we can eradicate malaria by eradicating mosquitos, AIDS by and large can be prevented through proper safety precautions (and we need to work on providing those to everyone), and cancer is just weird and i wouldn't classify 'cancer' as a disease in this context because 'cancer' is like 'some weird thing that is killing you probably' and encompasses a lot.

so yeah, schizophrenia.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by sam b
Dunno what that has to do with your awful poll

but do you really think I was trying to make a 'good' poll tho
organic bodies

lets all upload ourselves into some super computer or sweet ass robot bodies.

we can put fake flesh over it if being all roboty is weird to some.

then we can just live forever as long, as long as no one kills you or you fall into a black hole or something (prob just have back ups of yourself though, but is that backup actually you or someone new. hmmmm)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Herpes - I had to pass on too many ladies because they had the herpe!
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by fingerguy
Herpes - I had to pass on too many ladies because they had the herpe!

Jeez guy shut up about this already
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Jeez guy shut up about this already

***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
idk about diseases but if I had to pick one thing, it would be major roads

would fuck things up for a while but give it about 50-100 years
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Baby Joel
probably schizophrenia. we've managed to exterminate small pox, gotten pretty close with polio, we can eradicate malaria by eradicating mosquitos, AIDS by and large can be prevented through proper safety precautions (and we need to work on providing those to everyone), and cancer is just weird and i wouldn't classify 'cancer' as a disease in this context because 'cancer' is like 'some weird thing that is killing you probably' and encompasses a lot.

so yeah, schizophrenia.

I know there's research on whether mosquitoes are necessary for ecosystems to flourish, and this article which kinda blew up in popularity a few years ago says no, but this part disturbs me (from http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100721/full/466432a.html)

Without mosquitoes, thousands of plant species would lose a group of pollinators.

it goes on to say that none of these plants are essential for human use, justifying the eradication of mosquitoes. But that completely disregards the inherent value of biodiversity!!!!!!! People are still discovering new plants all the time, especially in tropical regions where mosquitoes are also prevalent. Who's to say that these plants are not useful when barely anything is known about them yet?

The article also does not specify whether they advocate eradicating all mosquitoes or just a few species. If so, which ones? How will they decide? It irks me that the uselessness of mosquitoes is just taken as fact when there is no consensus in the scientific community.

Also, there have been numerous advances in treating/curing all sorts of mosquito-borne illnesses. Disseminating them to areas where these diseases are endemic and treatment is not widely available would, in my opinion, be a far better use of resources than attempting to eradicate every mosquito in the world. The infrastructure and knowledge gained could be used for other types of medical treatment too.

Anyway I would eradicate cancer if I had to pick one.
cat
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They're trying to balance known harm against unknown, possibly non-existent benefits.

I get that. I usually err on the side of possible benefits and less destruction though.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I get that. I usually err on the side of possible benefits and less destruction though.

Yea, but mosquitos are bastards. And unlikely to be the sole pollinators of plant species(it's not impossible, but it's more likely that they're not).
common cold because i have one now and I'm selfish. I'd rather get rid of cancer though.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Gates has nearly singlehandedly funded the research to vastly improve efficiency of anti malaria drugs, along with other preventative methods. Need more billionaires to choose a disease to eliminate.
Furries

and cancer.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
The homosexual agenda.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Page 1 of 2