Hi guys!
So after playing for 5 years on my Yamaha Pacifica 112V I've decided to upgrade and get a normal axe =)
Budget: around 1000-1500 USD
Artists: well, love Metallica, Scorpions and Guns'n'Roses. Quite different styles - from trash to something light, like classic rock.
Preferences: 2 humbuckers(!!!), would like 24 frets. Do not want strat type so much (only if with 24 frets and original FloydRose), more into explorer or les paul. Oh and flying v =)
Pickups: 2 humbuckers, maybe SD or EMG. Something to play metal, but also want to have a chance for playing on a clean tone.
New or Used: better if new, because it's hard to get normal used guitars in my city.
Location: Ukraine, have unstable exchange rate here and not a wide choice.
Current Gear: VOX VT40+, LINE6 POD HD300

My ideas: ESP LTD EC-1000 with EMG's looks well. Also thinking about government series gibsons, have a chance to buy used explorer with Gibson Dirty Fingers+/ Seymour Duncan '59
E-ii eclipse would be worth looking into at the top of your budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That Jackson cannot be found in local stores 😢
I've looked at Eclipse-II, maybe I'll try to found an used one, cause the new one is too pricey for me
used prs CU24. probably at the top of the budget, but worth it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by andrey.fedoryshyn
That Jackson cannot be found in local stores 😢
I've looked at Eclipse-II, maybe I'll try to found an used one, cause the new one is too pricey for me

Always worth looking used, though. The Pro series are solid instruments, the Sh4/Jazz combo can be pushed into 'tallica and will hit the classic rock sound too. The necks are gorgeous(going by the one on my pro soloist), and the trem can handle a lot of abuse.

You might also look out for the pro series King V, the X-series rhodes, king v and kelly.
Do you want a Floyd or not?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
PRS starla is a mighty fine guitar worthy of consideration
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Not so vital, however it would be a + for a guitar

so yes, or no?

floyds have their set of pros and cons.

if you need to switch tunings, its a bitch with floyds.
they take longer to restring and set up.
if you don't get a good floyd or maintain it properly, you may have less tuning stability.

however, there are a lot of things you can do with a floyd that you cant do on a hardtail (this should be obvious).

if you want a trem i would advise a ibanez prestige. they are hard to beat for the price. their hardtails are pretty nice too, although i only own four with trems, and haven't ever owned a hardtail ibanez prestige.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Hi guys!
So after playing for 5 years on my Yamaha Pacifica 112V I've decided to upgrade and get a normal axe =)
Budget: around 1000-1500 USD
Artists: well, love Metallica, Scorpions and Guns'n'Roses. Quite different styles - from trash to something light, like classic rock.
Preferences: 2 humbuckers(!!!), would like 24 frets. Do not want strat type so much (only if with 24 frets and original FloydRose), more into explorer or les paul. Oh and flying v =)
Pickups: 2 humbuckers, maybe SD or EMG. Something to play metal, but also want to have a chance for playing on a clean tone.
New or Used: better if new, because it's hard to get normal used guitars in my city.
Location: Ukraine, have unstable exchange rate here and not a wide choice.
Current Gear: VOX VT40+, LINE6 POD HD300

My ideas: ESP LTD EC-1000 with EMG's looks well. Also thinking about government series gibsons, have a chance to buy used explorer with Gibson Dirty Fingers+/ Seymour Duncan '59

I'm in the same boat as you with the same budget and music tastes. I'm going Carvin ST300C. I even had the grandkids pick the color. I will be ordering it next week. Happy hunting.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
so yes, or no?

floyds have their set of pros and cons.

if you need to switch tunings, its a bitch with floyds.
they take longer to restring and set up.
if you don't get a good floyd or maintain it properly, you may have less tuning stability.

however, there are a lot of things you can do with a floyd that you cant do on a hardtail (this should be obvious).

if you want a trem i would advise a ibanez prestige. they are hard to beat for the price. their hardtails are pretty nice too, although i only own four with trems, and haven't ever owned a hardtail ibanez prestige.

I think I'm not in Steve Vai kind solos, so Floyd will be then just a waste of nerves and time.
How about a Gibson Flying V 2016
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Which one? T?

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid41310/cid671/gibson-2016-flying-v-traditional-spec-in-ebony.asp

good solid guitar, for a good price too.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Feb 25, 2016,
i personally wouldn't pay the price for a new gibson. however, i wouldn't buy one blind.

used is the way to go.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Esp has a mh-3 27 fr with seymour d pick-ups, one humbucker one single. Plays nice and affordable. got a nice clean sound.