I'm digging this a lot. The drums sound pretty good, they work extremely well with the rhythm guitars.

The songwriting is definitely there too. The instrumentation makes the transitions rather seamless, even between otherwise rather disparate parts, and it's largely that sense of a GOOD transition that makes this song stand out to me.

I think the only thing I would personally change here would be guitar and bass tones. That being said, this is a thrashier sounding tune than anything I've written or mixed recently, and it's definitely a thrash metal guitar sound. It wouldn't be my own go-to sound, but in the context of what you're using it for, it works really well.

I also enjoyed the overlapping parts happening at 4:50-onward. You got the different parts to sit with each other really well, but if I focus on it I can still pick out the individual lines that make up the section. Really good job there
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Kumamilesbear, thank you for the long and detailed review! I wasn't expecting such a response and I really appreciate it greatly! I'm also very thankful for your honestly about the guitar and bass tones, the sound I was going for resembles something Metallica did around (1988-1991) . This is the first time I tried to really make a "song" instead of just transitions to different riffs without revisiting them again, which is why I repeated some parts (longer than needed). I will definitely take your advice and work towards that next time and I'll be giving you a review on your track as well. Thank you for listening and cheers✌
Of course!! I find that if I'm just going to leave a two sentence review it doesn't do the artist any good

I thought you might be going for early Metallica
Don't take what I say as a criticism of the tone though! Like I said, it may not be what I would dial in for a guitar, but I'm also not writing thrash metal, and in this case the tone suits the aesthetic of the piece very well!

It doesn't really seem like your first attempt at a full song though. Maybe its just because you've been writing guitar parts in general for a while, but it seems like you have some practice in songwriting. If you don't, that just makes it even more impressive!!!

I'll be on the lookout for more from you
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Metal Turtle,
Not sure if you are religiously inclined, but I am (you can always private message me). Guitars sound a bit distant & resonant (could be the reverb if you're not recording a real amp), but otherwise pretty good. Nice guitar riffs & playing (and drums). I wouldn't mind if the electric bass was louder & beefier. Some good vocals wouldn't hurt, but I still like it! I can't keep track of everyone on this forum, though if my memory serves me, it seems like you've made significant progress. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1695931
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Feb 25, 2016,
Aaron aardvark,

Hey there glad to hear from you again, you've always been a great help over the years ( 4 years maybe?) i haven't been as active as id like to be but i've always seen you pop up : ). (and yes I am i'll send you a PM)

The guitar tone is played through my computer program (fl studio) and its an Impulse response technology that can mimic any guitar tone (metallica) as well as for the bass too, its been a work in progress lol, ill defiantly beef up the bass for future tracks as the bass mix is always my downfall, thanks for listening and giving your review its really appreciated! ill review your track as well.
That was so fun to listen to =]
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Listening on monitors, mix is solid in terms of levels (only thing that jumped out at me was the high hats, but those could be tamed with a notch filter). I think slight compression on your master track could help 'glue' it all together and make things sound a bit more full and cohesive. Drums are great, only complaint is they are bit mechanical sounding (although you have some good dynamics on some fills, e.g. the bit at 0:30). Bass is just right. Overall good, I'm just nitpicking (constructive criticism?).

The song itself is pretty sweet, digging some of the riffs you've got going on. I like the bit at 2:30 with both guitars, reminds me of some late 80's - early 90's thrash metal. Sweet lick at 4:28, was waiting for a solo (although you don't really need one) but know you said this one was rhythm dominant.

Nice track! Planning on doing any vocals?
Elementwood89,

Thanks man I really appreciate your feedback, always look forward to suggestions (constructive criticism) of any kind. I try and improve each of my tracks as much as I can as you guys are always great help! I do wish to have a real drummer play but I only have drum samples as of now lol, I actually have been thinking of putting vocals in for my next tracks. that will be the next step I take ☺