Hello. I'm playing guitar for 3 years. I have electric,classical,bass but i dont have an acoustic. I want buy a not very expensive acoustic guitar. I saw Fender CD60 and Epiphone DR100. Which is better and why? Thx
Epiphone will probably sound better, but for me the single most important thing about an acoustic guitar is how it feels in my hands, and how the shape accommodates my style specifically. So, you really have to play it and decide for yourself, if you want to follow my philosophy.

The fender neck might fit you better if you're used to electric. I like the necks on the fender acoustics. My first guitar ever was a MIM fender strat, so maybe that's why.
I am a Fender fanboy but not with their acoustic guitars. Never played one yet that I liked.

Check out Seagull or Yamaha instead.
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Feb 24, 2016,
It looks like the Fender CD60 is about $230 and the Epiphone DR100 is abou $130.
Looks like they both have spruce laminate top.
Most folks that play acoustic will tell you a solid wood top guitar will sound better than a laminate top guitar.
You might want to try the Yamaha FG100s and see what you think, it's got a solid spruce top and has about the best review going, on an inexpensive acoustic guitar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/yamaha-fg700s-folk-acoustic-guitar?rNtt=fg700s&index=1
Quote by Cajundaddy
I am a Fender fanboy but not with their acoustic guitars. Never played one yet that I liked.

Check out Seagull or Yamaha instead.

I will second that, those are probably much better budget choices. Washburn sometimes makes some good budget guitars also. Fender is not such a great acoustic guitar brand. But their necks are nice, washburn also. But seagull and Yamaha have a much better reputation for acoustics. That generally has to do with the sound though, and like I said, I would rather a better feeling guitar than a good sounding one, which is a personal thing. The way you play the guitar makes a big difference as to how nice the sound is perceived to be also, especially to the untrained ear.

I get people tell me how nice my beater guitar sounds, and to me, it sounds like shit. But it plays well.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Feb 24, 2016,
Quote by omerekeryilmaz
Hello. I'm playing guitar for 3 years. I have electric,classical,bass but i dont have an acoustic. I want buy a not very expensive acoustic guitar. I saw Fender CD60 and Epiphone DR100. Which is better and why? Thx
I would have to say if you're going to buy an Epiphone, go for the "Dove Pro" or "Hummingbird Pro" models, or don't bother. ($329.00 MAP).

Two other choices in their line would be either the EJ-200-SCE or, "Inspired by 1964 Texan" models. ($429.00 MAP).

Epiphone does something strange with acoustic only models, by putting laminated tops on them, while the same models in acoustic electric, all have solid tops.

I normally hate to summarily bump up the budget like this, but in this case, I do so to let you know what you're getting into.

With those things said, I've heard a lot of happy EPI DR-100 customers feedback. Any guitar in that price is going to need to be looked over thoroughly, as QC can be a bit spotty at times.

As for Fender acoustic, I have a "Sonoran", which sounds and plays very well. The downside to it is, it's a "Kitsch piece", with a Strat style neck on it, and the hardware really isn't up the the standard it should be, at the $429.95 current MAP.

Either the Epi EJ-200-SCE 0r Texan, would give you far better bang for the buck. (In terms of the quality of the tuning keys alone).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 25, 2016,
Quote by omerekeryilmaz

In an earlier post I recommended the Yamaha FG100s because it has a solid spruce top rather than a laminate top.
I should have also mentioned that sometimes a laminate top has an advantage over a solid top acoustic.
Solid top acoustics are effected more by humidity changes than laminate top acoustic.
I purposely purchased a Fender CP-100 all laminate body parlor sized acoustic because in my area, the winter air is very dry, and I wanted to leave my guitar out of it's case and with-in easy reach, so that it was more convenient to play.
My solid top acoustics stay inside their humidified cases, and are less convenient to play.

Here is an example of Fender CP-100 playing rhythm in the background and lead in the foregound . (not me playing) timing is a little off, but not a bad sounding guitar, and very easy to play having that small parlor size body .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiuEKRgWnbY
Last edited by b12 at Feb 25, 2016,
Quote by omerekeryilmaz

Avoid Fender acoustics. I've heard the Epiphone DR100 is "good for the money", but don't buy it.

Buy a used Taylor BigBaby. You can get them for $200 used and they are on par with a good $500 guitar. I've never heard a Yamaha or Seagull under $500 that sounded as good to my ears.