Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate spot for this post, because I'm not sure if the answer is a pedal, a swapping of pickups, etc. So I apologize if this should be somewhere else.

My two main guitars are an Epiphone Les Paul with P-90's and a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar with Duncan-designed (basically cheaper Seymour-Duncan) pickups.

Both guitars are rockin', both are loud as hell, and both have their own unique tonal flavor.

Truth be told though, the p-90's in the lp are in a different circle of hell than the duncan-designed in the jag. They are a tad louder. I can hear a significant volume-drop/raise when switching between the two guitars in practice/at shows.

Have you guys ever experienced an issue like this? How can I get my two volume signals to more closely match each other? I'd rather the Jaguar's volume be elevated up to the Les Paul if possible. However, I am open to anything.

Thanks!
Engage clean boost for the lower output guitar and normalize your levels at sound check.

Every guitar I own seems to be at a different output level. I avoid changing guitars a lot between songs but just adjust my boost pedal to taste on the fly. I can even bump the chicken head knob on my OCD pedal with my foot to bring things up or down a bit.
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Feb 24, 2016,
Is there a specific clean boost you would recommend? I'm assuming you're talking about a clean boost pedal?
Quote by Baltic Ave.
Is there a specific clean boost you would recommend? I'm assuming you're talking about a clean boost pedal?

OCD, TS9, Bad Monkey do the job well.
timmy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Don't both guitars have volume controls?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Adjust pickup height?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
If you put on a clean boost like a TS9 or Timmy (an overdrive, really) you may never want to turn it off...

I would check the pickup height of both to see if you can adjust the output of one of them to even it out. Also use a volume knob on a pedal or amp if you can.
Quote by Cajundaddy
OCD, TS9, Bad Monkey do the job well.

Those are great pedals, but they are not clean boosts, they're coloured drive pedals that will alter the tone significantly even on a low gain setting.

Xotic RC Booster is an example of a clean boost which will not alter the tone if used on a low gain setting.

All of that being said, the smartest move would be to simply raise/reduce the volume dial on the amp a little when switching guitars, there's no need for a pedal here really.