Page 1 of 2
Title says it all.

I used to do a lot of romantic stuff for my ex. I'm not sure if this is the most romantic, but on valentines day I woke up early and cooked her breakfast, then pretended to leave for class while she was still sleeping. I called her to wake her up and tell her to eat it, then when she walked out to her car to go to class, I was there waiting (in the freezing cold), played and sang one of her favorite songs that I just learned to her, and had heart-shaped balloons tied to her car and several other small presents waiting for her inside the car.

I like the process of coming up with romantic surprises and seeing how creative I can get.
I memorized "I love you" in 50 languages once. Only remember like 10 of them anymore.
Check out my band Disturbed
I wrote a song because I was a teenager in love for the first time or some shit. Said girl was not particularly romantic and nor am I. I recall her liking it but I still cringe at the memory because fuck romance.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by StewieSwan at #33851890
I memorized "I love you" in 50 languages once. Only remember like 10 of them anymore.

this is epic
Quote by JackSaints
I wrote a song because I was a teenager in love for the first time or some shit. Said girl was not particularly romantic and nor am I. I recall her liking it but I still cringe at the memory because fuck romance.

Yeah, I did the same thing way back when for my high school gf. Suuuuuper cringy in retrospect, but that's just yung luv ya know?
nothing says you're worth the effort & i wanna hold your hand better than heart shaped food and a corny mixtape

don't worry i'll catch you

</3

Got her an ice cream and ate it on the way to her building.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I can't think of anything besides cook him his favorite food. I feel bad lol he's done so much for me
cat
Surprise holiday? I got her work colleagues number from her phone without her knowing and messaged said colleague asking to get her time off on the dates I wanted.
Time came and she woke up in the morning ready to get ready for work. Told her she's not going to work. Confusion and panic set in, before I was like "yeah, we're off to the airport "
Spent a few days in Berlin then a few more in Copenhagen before coming home. Reason was cause why the hell not? I'll do it again some time but not for a few years I guess or she'll get suspicious

I make dinner every night so shit like that isnt "romantic" to me
Last edited by sam b at Feb 24, 2016,
I didn't plan any of this, but I ended up waking up before him (a rarity), and decided to make us breakfast. I brought it back into the room and woke him up with breakfast in bed. And then since I'm a fast eater, when I was done and he was still eating I picked up my guitar and started playing a song I'd been writing for him.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
i had been talking to her kind of throughout the day and she was having a rough day at work, at panera. and it was storming outside and she was not fond of storms. but yeah at like 8pm or something i was at wal-mart for whatever reason and i decided to pick up some flowers for her. she got off work at sometime like 11pm so i waited until then, drove out to panera, forgot the flowers, went back home, got the flowers, went back to panera, waited for her to come out, then surprised her with the flowers.

we didn't stay out long after i handed her the flowers and i went home and she went home shortly after. it was like 11pm so.

also i did not actually forget the flowers i just thought it was funny and would catch you off-guard.
wrote poems, drew portraits (one of them complete shite, surprised she didn't punch me [she did laugh in my face though]), wrote a song etc

nothing works really. "romantic" escalated too quickly or at one inappropriate time is enough to make things awkward, creepy, or weird. most of the time i forget that there's an actual function for flirting, eases the cliff into a hill or whatever
Last year on our anniversary I booked us a table at this great place in the city, then a night in this kick ass suite in this cool as fuck hotel right next door to where we ate. Just sat on the balcony of our suite sippin single malt and watching the world go by several floors below as the sun set.

Then she fell asleep, which sucked. So I flicks through the channels and discovers Chris Squire died, which sucked even worse. So I thought fuck it and got into the mini bar and played some Yes. Poured some out for Squire onto the streets and revellers below
Not a whole lot, I've done more cherish-able things for friends really, but there was one picnic on her birthday where I told her friends to convince her there was a party in a field at her friend's place, which they did, whereupon her arrival, I was waiting at sunset with a bottle of bubbly and all the delight of wondrous food.

I am glad I got out of that relationship
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Wrote her a card in Hebrew saying I loved her, and also organised an awesome cruise to Vanuatu......

And I'm still single
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Took her to see Taylor Swift the day before her birthday in London. We went to a restaurant before the concert and got a hotel afterwards.

Was cool.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
She wanted me to get her a certain band's album for her birthday. Problem was the album wasn't even announced yet, so I went one better. Got her tickets to the gig with a meet and greet before the show. Made up these cool 'tickets' because all I got were rubbish e-tickets. She went to uni, I had the day off, so when she got back, she found I'd made my first ever cake (didn't go well but she didn't mind), and then I gave her her card (with a corny message) inside, as well as the 'ticket' and I've never seen her so happy. Then we went to the seaside to feed her 2p machine addiction.

The gig itself was a ridiculously small venue, we got singled out by the band for making out during one of the songs.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Pfft, not much. Spent money and cooked a lot.

Romance in my life has been a natural occurrence not forced by either party.
Like for example, with my ex, I was with her the first time I saw the ocean, I found a single shell on the beach, put our names and the date in it, we were on the beach every night we were in florida, a nice resort beach and usually drunk.

Also tore up the bed in our room, it was my 21st birthday the 2nd day we were in daytona.

I still have that shell. I don't know if she knew about the shell, it was mine, I found it.

You're all cringey af.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 25, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
I whipped it out without having to be asked once

You'd think she could've at least told me her name

Bitches man. Ungrateful bunch the lot of them.
Quote by chrismendiola
Said the adult who watches My Little Pony.

Motherfucking rekt

My phone just tried to autocorrect 'rekt' to 'chrismendiola'
ok so I will list some romantic stuff I did but I will also list some romantic shit that has been done for me bc hey I can't take all the credit:

- p loved to get those packaged cheese danishes from the gas station on the way home from high school so one day at school I brought him a bunch of strawberry and cheese danishes that I made

- p liked to listen to the sound of water going through the pipes in his house while he layed in bed & thought it was super soothing so I ordered him a painted rainstick from africa

- for v day I got p a heart-shaped metal keychain w a holograph of a photo of us being cute together when we first fell in love

- when I was falling in love w a, it was snowing and the library closed at midnight and we didn't know where to go so I grabbed his hand and ran around and made him climb the giant town xmas tree with me and we sat under the star and made out then he took me to ihop lol

- a wanted to get to know me better and he had a conference out of town he needed to go to and they were paying for his hotel and meals so he snuck me away from uni for the weekend. the hotel was fine (it was nice to have a room to ourselves as we had been running around between rooms at the dorm and not really having any private time w each other) but the most romantic parts were driving the 5 hours there & back and holding hands and telling each other about our lives

- c fell in love w me one winter when we were both suicidal (but no one knew) and he walked to my house through the woods and walked me back along my favorite creek by my house (it was snowing and very pretty and we ran into the family of deer I used to follow) and he took me into his room (which he had cleaned... serious feat as his father was a hoarder and a batshit crazy vet so the house had been in general disarray since his mom left him) w candles and took off all my clothes slowly and kissed me everywhere very softly as he breathed in the scent of my skin.
after we finished, he picked me up and set me in his lap and stroked my hair until I fell asleep.
(unfortunately we don't talk anymore bc he sent me an unsolicited dick pic from japan recently lol)

- j was the first girl I ever kissed and looking at her always gave me butterflies because she is so beautiful and cute and sexy and adorable and I just can't get enough of her. I ran into her a while back after years of no contact. we were at my friend's party and both p drunk and she touched my butt once
anyway my dude and I took her on a few dates the next several times we came into town and one night the dudes from animal collective were DJing in the city so we took her out and danced all night and on the way back she sat in my lap and we cuddled in the back seat for an hour and it felt like high school all over again lol. I still think about her often. maybe I should call her.

- I got in a car accident on friday the 13th, right before valentine's day, and so I wasn't at school and I didn't get a rose that b had bought for me. on saturdays I normally spent the day at the robotics lab so b showed up there at lunch time with a giant bouquet of lilies (he knew I liked them more than roses from a past conversation) and told my teachers 'hey I am taking her out' and nobody stopped him. so he took me out to lunch and asked me to be his girlfriend.
ofc I said yes. 17 yr old me was so shocked that someone could be so nice to me.

- one nye my dude and I were going to go into the city (we were visiting our parents) so we got dressed up but it was late and his rents had gone to bed so we got drunk off of wine in their living room and cuddled on the couch and cried at how happy we were to be engaged to each other

- when my dude and I were first getting to know each other, he showed up at an open mic I was playing at w flowers and some friends that he wanted me to meet. afterward his friends wanted to go to the bars and I was underage so instead he took me on a walk around the town and we walked up this tall hill and layed down and looked at the stars and made out

- one night my dude and a bunch of friends and I went to a party to do a bunch of molly but once we started rolling, my dude and I didnt want to party anymore and just wanted to hang out with each other. so we snuck into the bathroom upstairs and shagged, then said bye to all of our friends and held hands all the way home and stayed up all night in bed talking about how much we love each other. that might not sound romantic but something about it was so sweet and we had just been married.

- there are lots of small things that my dude does that just make our lives pretty romantic. he opens the car door for me before dates, he always tells me I look beautiful when I dress up and gives me a big kiss, sometimes he comes home w flowers or lipstick for me or chocolate just bc (I bring him lots of gifts just bc too - usually chocolate and handmade soaps or surprise lunch/dinner.) we're broke but sometimes if we are out and he can tell I like a pair of earrings or something, he'll ask which one I like most and buy it when I'm not looking. he cooks me lots of meals too (and I get him back by baking him treats to eat, which is fun bc he cant digest gluten so I have to experiment a bit. his favorite is my pumpkin cheesecake brownie recipe.)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Not sure, but the most recent thing was purchasing private dance lessons so that I could be a good dance partner for her.

Surely someone appreciates the gravity of that move
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Not sure, but the most recent thing was purchasing private dance lessons so that I could be a good dance partner for her.

I did the same thing but for line dancing

That and making reservations.
Quote by Dreadnought

I do, but it also reminds me what a shit boyfriend I am because I promised the same thing over a year ago.
Free Ali
Quote by Dreadnought

I have been promised this. Not gonna hold him to it though
cat
I've bought meals and stuff

nothing much

I once did the meal and candle-filled room thing

I'm not really good at that stuff
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by guitarxo
I can't think of anything besides cook him his favorite food. I feel bad lol he's done so much for me

Isn't that just how we're socially conditioned though? Guys are typically the one's expected to do spontaneous and romantic stuff and girls are meant to be the surprised recipients of romantic gestures.
(That's not a complaint by the way)
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
Isn't that just how we're socially conditioned though? Guys are typically the one's expected to do spontaneous and romantic stuff and girls are meant to be the surprised recipients of romantic gestures.
(That's not a complaint by the way)

You're right that it's a thing in some cultures, but that's not how I was raised nor what I saw growing up which is why I feel bad about it.
cat
Quote by chrismendiola
Said the adult who watches My Little Pony.

Planned romance is the nerdiest, dumbest, cringy, construct of western society, and that doesn't change if I watch barney and shit my pants.

Romance is a natural occurrence that happens when you spend time with someone you love. Shit that you do naturally for someone you love is romantic.

Not learning their favorite song on guitar.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 25, 2016,
Page 1 of 2