I have a orange crush 35 rt amp, I set my bass 2, mids 10, treble 2, reverb max, rat pedal a little bit past distortion 2, filter 0, volume 3, on my amp clean light switch, clean volume 2, I'm using the neck and middle pickup, guitar volume 3, 1st tone volume 10, 2nd tone volume 3, I also have a fat 50's neck pickup. how do I create a less treble less high frequencies distortion?
gotta ask why you would have your mids so high and your bass so low? for starters add some bass and cut back on the mids. a little more treble may balance things out a bit as well. exactly what type of tone are you trying to get and are you using a strat?
ok the pickups in that are less than great for starters. you didn't answer the rest of my ?s which may help get you where you want to be.
Aside from the wacky EQ.. Wouldn't the obvious answer be to dial up the filter on the rat?
I want you guys to tell me what tones I can get with what i have, I'm not sure what tone I'm going for, with distortion a little bit less than 2 you can have the guitar volume at max, with the middle or bridge pickup at 5, not sure why, the neck pickup volume is maxed
Last edited by cocobeanxx13 at Feb 25, 2016,
Well dude, we can't tell you that. You have the stuff in your hands. Play with settings so you can find out what kind of sounds you can get yourself.

People have already mentioned playing with the filter knob on your rat so you get some treble cut. If that's what you're looking for, do that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 25, 2016,
well maybe I'm trying to get rid of the feedback I think that's what the beatles tried to do with distortion, or maybe that rat pedal needs less gain.
Last edited by cocobeanxx13 at Feb 25, 2016,
Okay...Have you tried adjusting any of the knobs on the amp and/or Rat like several people have suggested?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
yes i have adjusted the amp and the rat pedal and that didn't give me the sound or tone that I wanted
this is a little ridiculous. turn knobs. thats all you need to do.

or check out youtube. how do you expect us to tell you what to do with what we don't have in front of us and that you do have right in front of you? set the knobs at noon on the amp and go back and forth sweeping the control until you find what you like. its not that hard.

also i don't think that your amp is doing the rat any favors.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think I fixed it. treble 2, bass 2, miids 4, rat pedal distortion past 2 a little bit, filter 3, a little bit past 2, clean volume on the amp 2, guitar volume 5 or 6, tone volume both set to 10. What tone did I create?
Last edited by cocobeanxx13 at Feb 26, 2016,
NO. you don't need another EQ. you have more knobs now than you know what to do with (quite literally). re-EQ the amp. dial in the rat. its not hard shit. the amp has all that you need out of it at this point.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I'm trying to get a creamy distortion. How do I do that with a solid state amp. I'm trying to get rid of harsh sounds when playing sweet child of mine in e flat tuning
Last edited by cocobeanxx13 at Feb 26, 2016,
Quote by cocobeanxx13
I'm trying to get a creamy distortion. How do I do that with a solid state amp.

name a band to illustrate the tone you are shooting for. i'm kinda thinking you have the wrong tools for the job though. you are also confused in that certain settings on your guitar and amp don't have a "name" that someone here can say oh that the ____ tone. it doesn't work like that. Rat pedals aren't known for getting "creamy" distortion. they are way better known for in your face kinds of distortion. in the 80s i used one for metal. please keep in mind that you have a total beginners guitar and an ok practice amp. tone of the gods isn't likely. you certainly can get acceptable practice tones though.
I feel like you guys are being trolled.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by Nolasludge
I feel like you guys are being trolled.

me too.

bass: 10
treble: 10
mids: 0
gain: 10
rat distortion: 10
rat volume: 10
rat filter: 6
everything on the guitar on 10
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by cocobeanxx13
can i do a clean beatles sound on my amp

well take some time to try it and find out. i to am starting to think you are just breaking our balls with these posts. you've been here for almost 2 years and have 16 posts. how'd the punk rock thing turn out for you
I think I fixed it by having it on the clean setting and not using the rat pedal, and using the fat 50's neck pickup with max reverb, treble 7, mids 9, bass 5. What tone is that?
Quote by cocobeanxx13
What tone is that?

Standardized tone names follow largely the same rules as IUPAC nomenclature. You start with the controls farthest left and you substitute functional group names for the number on the knob setting, i.e. meth- = 1, eth- = 2, and so on. Switches are referred to as akyl halide groups in descending periodic order, corresponding to switch position from the highest point.

So the tone you've come up with is correctly referred to as 1-decyl-2-fluoro-4-heptyn-5-nonyl-6-pentyloctane.
Quote by Roc8995
Standardized tone names follow largely the same rules as IUPAC nomenclature. You start with the controls farthest left and you substitute functional group names for the number on the knob setting, i.e. meth- = 1, eth- = 2, and so on. Switches are referred to as akyl halide groups in descending periodic order, corresponding to switch position from the highest point.

So the tone you've come up with is correctly referred to as 1-decyl-2-fluoro-4-heptyn-5-nonyl-6-pentyloctane.

You just won the Internet for today!!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Roc8995

woohoo! go collin!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Is their a way to get an 80's metal with what i have. If not i could buy more stuff for maybe a 100 dollar limit. I can't buy anything that costs more than that
Treble 6 Mids 6 Bass 6
It doesn't matter what the rest of your settings are. Finger the 9th fret on the Low E string and the 10th fret on the A string. Strum those two strings. While keeping your fingers positioned on the same relative frets, slide your left hand all the way up to where you are fingering the 1st fret (E string) and 2nd fret (A string). Make sure to strum every chord on your way to the top. Let the last chord ring for 3.29 seconds, then pull off to the open E. Keep picking that open E as fast as you can until the God of Metal rises out of your floor and blesses you with the Tone of Destiny.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
so if i have treble maxed bass maxed mids 5, reverb 7, guitar volume maxed, tone volume maxed, on the clean channel no pedals used, in e flat tuning. What tone is that?
Those are the exact same settings SRV used on his Orange Crush. Learn how to play Pride and Joy. It'll sound incredible.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.