So I'm new(ish) to the guitar game and when I started I just bought myself a cheap acoustic guitar...just to see if I would stick it out.

The good news is...I'm loving it!! So I thought hey...maybe I'll invest in something a bit better....I've had a go on some friends acoustic guitar and they always feel and sound better. (my guitar has plastic strings!!)

My question is...can anybody recommend a decent but maybe not too expensive acoustic guitar?

My budget is around £200 ($250US...I think)

Thanks!
Quote by cleanboy
So I'm new(ish) to the guitar game and when I started I just bought myself a cheap acoustic guitar...just to see if I would stick it out.

The good news is...I'm loving it!! So I thought hey...maybe I'll invest in something a bit better....I've had a go on some friends acoustic guitar and they always feel and sound better. (my guitar has plastic strings!!)

My question is...can anybody recommend a decent but maybe not too expensive acoustic guitar?

Thanks!

Find a used Taylor Big Baby. 15/16 scale dreadnaught. You can find them for $200 on Craigslist, and it'll be hugely better than anything you can get at that range.
used is the way to go. start hitting up local music shops and "antique" stores. that amount wont get you much better than you have already unless you go with a used one.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by cleanboy

Thanks!

Yeah that low you really need to focus on used. Also, that low don't worry about cosmetics. Hell, just look at Chris Stapleton's Gibson acoustic.

***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Last edited by fingerguy at Feb 26, 2016,
Quote by fingerguy
Yeah that low you really need to focus on used. Also, that low don't worry about cosmetics. Hell, just look at Chris Stapleton's Gibson acoustic.]
I usually post a picture of "Trigger" to make this point.