Well this is the first time I try this so I'd appreciate the help. I'd like to know what are the chords being played in this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXHbYkzdzvI.
I've figured out a chord or two but still it isn't complete , and it's in Gm (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks!
Dm-Bb/D-Dm6-Bb/D (that's the basic "James Bond" progression)

Then:

Gm-Edim7-Dm7-G9/B-Em7b5-A-Dm-G9/B-Em7b5-A-Dm

Interlude:

Bb-Dm-Bb

The second verse is the same, but the chords in the beginning go like Dm-Bb-Bm7b5-Bb because the bass changes (same chords with different bass notes).

Guitar solo is the same chords as the beginning of the verse.

When the singing starts again after the guitar solo:

Gm-Edim7-Dm7-G9/B-Em7b5-A-Dm -> unison (single notes) D E F G A

Gm-Edim7-Dm7-G9/B-Em7b5-A -> break -> Dm-Bb-Dm-Bb-Dm
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Feb 25, 2016,
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Dm-Bb/D-Dm6-Bb/D (that's the basic "James Bond" progression)

Then:

Gm-Edim7-Dm7-G9/B-Em7b5-A-Dm-G9/B-Em7b5-A-Dm

Interlude:

Bb-Dm-Bb

The second verse is the same, but the chords in the beginning go like Dm-Bb-Bm7b5-Bb because the bass changes (same chords with different bass notes).

Guitar solo is the same chords as the beginning of the verse.

When the singing starts again after the guitar solo:

Gm-Edim7-Dm7-G9/B-Em7b5-A-Dm -> unison (single notes) D E F G A

Gm-Edim7-Dm7-G9/B-Em7b5-A -> break -> Dm-Bb-Dm-Bb-Dm

Thanks alot!

Should I play these chords using a capo on the 5th fret ?

I also noticed you put a - between some chords and / between the other what does that mean ?
Last edited by 98NO at Feb 25, 2016,
The note after the slash is the bass note. For example G9/B means a G9 chord with B in the bass. I'm just using a "-" in between the chords. It doesn't really have any function. Actually, I think in this case they are the same as barlines. But that's just a coincidence - the song has one chord per bar.

And no, the chords are for standard tuning, no capo.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Feb 25, 2016,
Thanks a lot! you really helped me with this.

Unfortunately, I thought I'd be able to figure out the solo by myself, I did figure out about half of it but now I'm stuck so I'd appreciate it if you'd help me with the solo too.

Thanks!
OK, what parts are you having problems with?
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
OK, what parts are you having problems with?

The solo starting from 3:23 , last note I stopped at is 10th fret G string
^ Sorry, but I hate tabbing that kind of stuff. Just takes too much effort. It's got a lot of bends and stuff. Lots of long notes. Shouldn't be too hard to learn by ear. It's clearly improvised in the first place. It's just too long solo and I don't have the patience to do it. Just figure out the long notes and add something in between. Shouldn't be too hard.

I would have been willing to tab a short solo (for example the actual guitar solo of the song before the singing starts). But that's just too long for me, and I kind of feel it's a bit pointless. It's behind the singing, it's not the main part. I mean, it's just some filling. If it's hard to figure out, just come up with your own solo that fits the chords. And remember that the singer is singing the main part so don't play too much.

But yeah, it just takes too much effort. It would be easier for me to learn to play it and post a video of it. But I don't really have patience and equipment for that.

If you have trouble with some specific licks, I can help. But I'm not going to tab the whole one-minute improvised guitar solo.

If you were able to figure out how to play the actual guitar solo, the rest of it shouldn't be that much harder.

To get you started, the last bar before the singing starts is D E F G A | (singing starts) bend A to Bb. Then it stays on the Bb for some time. Add some vibrato and bends and releases. Listen to what the guitarist does.

If you can sing the notes the guitarist plays, it shouldn't be hard to find them on your fretboard. The solo uses notes in the Dm scale (mostly natural minor, I could hear one C# played over the A major chord).

I think learning that kind of solo note for note from a tab doesn't teach you a lot. If you want to learn it note for note, learn it by ear. If you need a tab for that, it would be a better exercise to improvise your own solo in a similar style. As I said, that solo was clearly improvised. There's no point in learning it note for note, unless you use it as an ear training exercise or really like the solo so much that you just have to learn every single nuance in it (but that's when I would just do it by ear).

I would say, learn the licks you like from the solo and improvise the rest.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Feb 28, 2016,
Fair enough I'll fiddle around with the Dm scale and see where that will lead to.