Hi guys,

Since I bought my new RGIT20FE Ibanez I put some DDT-11 strings on it. I'm pretty happy with them since they're pretty good quality strings and corrosion proof strings. I clean and condition them with the Dunlop 65 system (the blue little pot) but since my hands sweat a lot sometimes it is really difficult for me to move upside down over the strings. My hands feel sticky and left hand movement becomes so difficult.

I want to know if there is any product, some kind of spray or liquid that can be applied to the string in order to slide upside down easily, can I find it through amazon?

Ty in advance!
Quote by Will Lane
Finger Ease. I have no experience with it, though.

Also, wash your hands before you play.

I have made a little reasearch too, and found Finger Ease and GHS Fast Fret String and Neck Lubricant. Anyone know which is better and why? what would you recommend me?
Not sure. Like I said, I have not used any of it, nor have I felt the need to. Just suggesting what I know of.

Do look out for products that say something like "Not for Maple Necks" or something of the sort. Some woods can be ruined by some chemicals so make sure the product you get is okay for your neck type.
I used Fast Fret for a while and it worked pretty well. Made the strings feel nice and slick. I stopped using it though just because I didn't feel like I needed it. With nasty feeling strings that haven't been played in a while it can make them less painful to play, but on strings that are played a decent amount and aren't all gross feeling it just takes them from perfectly fine to slick, which I don't really care about. It might also help if you put it on the back of the neck if your neck has the kind of finish that makes it hard to slide your hand up and down. My main guitar has a tung oil finish on the neck, so again, I have no need for that.

I don't even clean my strings anymore and they still last a long time, especially with coated strings. I just always make sure my hands are clean before playing, but I don't get sweaty hands either, so that might have something to do with it.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Feb 25, 2016,
I've used Fast Fret for ages. Keeps strings feeling smooth and I suppose prevents corrosion to some degree. But best bet is to always wash your hands before playing and wipe down your strings after.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
I use Fast Fret. It definitely makes a difference in string life. My habit is right after a show or rehearsal, I wipe my strings down, and then run a toothbrush all the way down each string. Then I wipe the strings again, apply some Fast Fret, and then wipe the excess off. I've noticed that when I deviate from that, my strings need to be changed much sooner. Also, washing hands is a must for string health.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
i use blood (oh yea i am a badass). haha.

regarding the question, i used fast fret for a little while on a few guitars, and like it better without. it just seems to get shitty and gunky faster.

it seems like one of those things that you are using constantly or not at all.

however my hands don't sweat a lot. a guy i run sound and tech for has the most nasty acidic sweat that i have ever seen. under my advice he just gets cheap strings and changes more often. four sets at $2/pk is cheaper than most of the higher end strings.

as it has been said wash your hands before playing, keep a towel by your guitar on your music stand or by your amp, wipe your hands in between every song if you have to.

i haven't had great experiences with DR. i don't like their coating. i just use the plain ol' d'addarios in everything. the only string brand that is worth dropping a lot of money on a pack is cleartones. IMO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i use blood (oh yea i am a badass). haha.

regarding the question, i used fast fret for a little while on a few guitars, and like it better without. it just seems to get shitty and gunky faster.

it seems like one of those things that you are using constantly or not at all.

however my hands don't sweat a lot. a guy i run sound and tech for has the most nasty acidic sweat that i have ever seen. under my advice he just gets cheap strings and changes more often. four sets at $2/pk is cheaper than most of the higher end strings.

as it has been said wash your hands before playing, keep a towel by your guitar on your music stand or by your amp, wipe your hands in between every song if you have to.

i haven't had great experiences with DR. i don't like their coating. i just use the plain ol' d'addarios in everything. the only string brand that is worth dropping a lot of money on a pack is cleartones. IMO.

That's my problem. I sweat a lot. Back when I used to wear a brimmed hat on stage, by the end of the set, my hat would be soaked, and sweat dripping from the tip of the brim, if that gives you any indication. That's why I go through the process that I do, which I know is kind of overkill, but when my band is on a busy show regiment, or on tour, it allows me to use a set of strings for more than one show. Sometimes I can stretch it to three shows if we are not rehearsing between shows. That is also the reason that i just use cheap Ernie Ball strings because the way I sweat on stage, more expensive strings don't last any longer.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by Nolasludge
That's my problem. I sweat a lot. Back when I used to wear a brimmed hat on stage, by the end of the set, my hat would be soaked, and sweat dripping from the tip of the brim, if that gives you any indication. That's why I go through the process that I do, which I know is kind of overkill, but when my band is on a busy show regiment, or on tour, it allows me to use a set of strings for more than one show. Sometimes I can stretch it to three shows if we are not rehearsing between shows. That is also the reason that i just use cheap Ernie Ball strings because the way I sweat on stage, more expensive strings don't last any longer.

i must compliment your routine, well thought out. ya gotta' do what ya gotta' do.

i can get three performances out of him, including rehearsals under normal circumstances. sometimes i can only get two, never four (haha). however it is worth mentioning he uses two to three guitars a night, and one is an acoustic gets elixers which can make it at least 6+ shows. i personally hate elixer myself though.

one thing that i think is worth mention is that different people's sweat has different chemical makeups (to some extent) and some strings do work better for some people than others. i can get a very long time out of d'addarios, EB's will last half that for me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/