Hey fellas,
I got 2 amps, one 30w and one 50w Laney. The 30 has been upgraded with a Celestion vintage 30 (by previous owner).
I was doing some cleaning and one of the speaker wires fell out. So I soldered it back together, no problem.
But I got curious and I looked at my 50w and was checking the lugs on the speaker where you solder...the ones that look like an L.

On my 50w, it's soldered to horizontal legs of the L, say the one that is literally facing horizontally looking straight at the speaker.
But on my 30w Laney, I soldered the cable in its "original" position, the vertical side, which is where the other cable was.

There are no other cables on either amp that are soldered to the respective empty "slots".
I just want to make sure it's ok and not gonna hurt the speakers down the road. I've had this 30w for about a year and it's been ok thus far.

Thanks.
Long Live Rock n' Roll
Quote by the_who
Hey fellas,
I got 2 amps, one 30w and one 50w Laney. The 30 has been upgraded with a Celestion vintage 30 (by previous owner).
I was doing some cleaning and one of the speaker wires fell out. So I soldered it back together, no problem.
But I got curious and I looked at my 50w and was checking the lugs on the speaker where you solder...the ones that look like an L.

On my 50w, it's soldered to horizontal legs of the L, say the one that is literally facing horizontally looking straight at the speaker.
But on my 30w Laney, I soldered the cable in its "original" position, the vertical side, which is where the other cable was.

There are no other cables on either amp that are soldered to the respective empty "slots".
I just want to make sure it's ok and not gonna hurt the speakers down the road. I've had this 30w for about a year and it's been ok thus far.

Thanks.

Doesn't matter at all, the multiple lugs are there to allow connecting multiple speakers to a single source, either in series or parallel.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin