Hi, I wanted to ask some questions about recording an electric guitar through a small practice amp. I'm completely new to recording and I just bought a Behringer UMC202HD USB Interface, a Pyle-Pro microphone and mic cable. I connected these, recorded with Audacity and saved the guitar playing as a FLAC file on my desktop. When I play it back with Foobar 2000 on my PC, the sound only comes out of the left speaker. Is this normal and is it possible to record with this interface in mono? I read somewhere that if you record in mono, it will play in both speakers. I just installed "Studio One 3" and I'm going to try to record with it, although I've only used Audacity so far and don't know much about it. I'm just looking to record 1 track guitar and I'm not playing or recording any other instruments. I appreciate any help and if there's a simple way to record guitar with either of the DAW's I mentioned, I would appreciate any help!

This is the response I got from Behringer when i asked them about this on Facebook:

You will need to configure your signal outputs correctly to achieve a stereo output signal Scott. This can usually be done in the audio device settings in your DAW's settings/preferences.
Yip Begringer is right. Set the audio track you are using to mono.

In the DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) just create a new track and look for an option to make it mono. Select the appropriate input and then select the main output setting. A mono track should just play down the middle (left and right at the same time).

I don't know any of the equipment you are using though so I'm really sorry. I've used Audacity but did not like it at all. If I were you I would probably search for some kind of "recording audio using Studio 1" tutorial on youtube or something similar.
Si