Hello,

This may sound a bit of either a stupid question, or just plain out illogical.

I want to connect the phones output from my amp to another system, let it be an audio interface, mixer, etc. So I can have a "clean" direct input of my sound in case there is too much sound pollution that a mic in front of the amp may not give me the best result.

The thing is, when I plug the 1/4" cord into the Phones jack, the speaker gets muted. Have anyone of you ever tried this?

Thanks for your patience!
Well, the point of the phones output is to mute the speaker - it is meant to be used with headphones so if it didn't mute the speaker, it would be kind of stupid. Does your amp have any other outputs?

You could split your guitar signal before the amp with an ABY box and plug into your amp and mixer at the same time.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Well, looking at it, it has more inputs than outputs. The only output from the amp is the Phones jack.
it is normal. you can use the computer monitors or buy a mic, cable and stand if you have an interface. If not, you will need to buy an interface.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by NeoAnthony
Well, looking at it, it has more inputs than outputs. The only output from the amp is the Phones jack.

How many inputs does it have? I'd be surprised if it was more than 2 (with 1 definitely being more common).

What you're looking for is best done w/ an amp that has Line Outputs, which will usually be active regardless of whether the phone plug is in use, and aren't usually affected by the volume control either. But, not all amps have Line Outs.