It goes
C B C Ab G

That's all I got. I know it's like one of Bach's songs from well tempered clavichord or art of the fugue. Where's mr BMW when you need him?
Definitely Bach
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
yea, Bach got a copyright on that progression, and no one was allowed to use it
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
notes or chords? edit: nvm it's obvs notes

also Bach is BWV
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Feb 26, 2016,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
also Bach is BWV

He meant Xiaoxi.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by BladeSlinger
yea, Bach got a copyright on that progression, and no one was allowed to use it

I wanna use it though... Can Bach sue me if I use those notes? I wanna resolve it by going
C B C Ab G F E
But I can't if Bach already has dibs on it.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
notes or chords? edit: nvm it's obvs notes

also Bach is BWV

Hahaha it's a conspiracy! BMW BWV, Xixo is onto something. Yo where you at? Don't make me listen to the entire art of the fugue to find it
no one will be able to tell if you don't give us the octaves. Like how do we know if it's C5 to B4, or C3 to B6 or what.

no one will be able to tell you anyway, but yeah.
could use some note duration and tempo there
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
It's what music theory sounds like. Well... more like what a well rounded intelligent artist that plays musical instruments well sounds like after mastering all there is to know about the way intervals interact and how to build and resolve tension.
Quote by mattedbird at #33855098
is this what music theory is?

Yes. And this is what it looks like.

coincidentally also the face all of my music professors at University gave me when I fucked up, which was basically all the time.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Yes. And this is what it looks like.

coincidentally also the face all of my music professors at University gave me when I fucked up, which was basically all the time.
cool, yeah I always hear a lot of "what is music theory, and what does it mean?", from a lot of people including myself. I think of it more as science. I also found a music class at college to be a little overwhelming (for the short time I was in college). The professor I had was better looking though.
I actually figured out something worth hearing about music theory today. It is all about that dominant 7 chord. Music is made by the different ways you can resolve the dominant 7 to the tonic, aka up a 4th or down a 5th.

There are 4 scales. Major, harmonic major, melodic minor and harmonic minor. Idk why we can't call the major scale (Ionian) melodic major. It would satisfy my ocd. These are the only proper diatonic scales according to diatonic scale theory. They all have 3 major 3rds and 4 minor thirds.

They also contain a dominant 7 and the tonic. In C, all 4 of those scales have the notes G B D F and C. The only difference is A and E. They can be natural, one flat, the other flat, or both flat. A E, Ab E, Ab Eb, A Eb.

These two notes create the entire feel of harmony. It determines if the feel is major or minor (the E) and idk what it would be called for te A note but it changes the feel.

Once you have that down you can pretty much make whatever you want. The guitar sucks because memorizing the notes to fit scale shapes is a pain in the ass. It's so much easier on piano. But oh well.
Quote by mattedbird
cool, yeah I always hear a lot of "what is music theory, and what does it mean?", from a lot of people including myself. I think of it more as science. I also found a music class at college to be a little overwhelming (for the short time I was in college). The professor I had was better looking though.

Music theory is like a scientific theory in the sense that it explains, not prescribes.
PM me for newts
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I wanna use it though... Can Bach sue me if I use those notes? I wanna resolve it by going
C B C Ab G F E
But I can't if Bach already has dibs on it.

You can always fight him for it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'