I'm trying to get into Dream Theater because from what I've heard, they're all amazing musicians and Mike Portnoy is just an amazing drummer. I really dig "As I Am" and my most recent discovery, "The Mirror." Thanks in advance!

-Mike
the one with the doop doop woop woop keyboard solo and james labrie singing aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Train of Thought is their heaviest album.

For specific songs, check these out:

The Glass Prison
III. War Inside My Head
IV. The Test That Stumped Them All
As I Am
This Dying Soul
Honor Thy Father
In The Name Of God
The Root Of All Evil
Panic Attack
Constant Motion
The Dark Eternal Night
A Nightmare To Remember
The Shattered Fortress
Bridges In The Sky
The Enemy Inside

Some of the stuff from their earlier albums and the most recent one is heavy, but the ones I listed are their heaviest material IMO.
Quote by mikecranesguitarlessons
I'm trying to get into Dream Theater because from what I've heard, they're all amazing musicians and Mike Portnoy is just an amazing drummer. I really dig "As I Am" and my most recent discovery, "The Mirror." Thanks in advance!

-Mike

If you have to tell people something's a joke that's a dead giveaway that it isn't funny.

Please change your sig to something a bit more appropriate. Or something that's actually funny will do
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you have to tell people something's a joke that's a dead giveaway that it isn't funny.

Please change your sig to something a bit more appropriate. Or something that's actually funny will do

Nah, brother, my sig ain't changing!
Nah, brother, my sig ain't changing!

I think it's best that you obey the Seagull. It's easier for everyone that way.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I think it's best that you obey the Seagull. It's easier for everyone that way.

It's an inside joke... Essentially making fun off everybody throwing around the racist card.
It's an inside joke... Essentially making fun off everybody throwing around the racist card.

Yeah I get that, but Steven/(Mark?) is a mod, so if he wants you to change your sig you might want to consider it

Anyway, to stay on topic, you should check out the song "Lie" by DT. One of my favorite tracks from them, and it has a nice heavy feel.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri

Anyway, to stay on topic, you should check out the song "Lie" by DT. One of my favorite tracks from them, and it has a nice heavy feel.

Yeah, I really like Lie as well.
That's the second most embarrassing sig I've ever seen, right after your previous one.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
That's the second most embarrassing sig I've ever seen, right after your previous one.

When did this turn from "Heavy Dream Theater Songs" to "Hey Lets Complain And Bash Each Others Sigs" lol
When did this turn from "Heavy Dream Theater Songs" to "Hey Lets Complain And Bash Each Others Sigs" lol

yes because not only are you a cunt with a nazi sig changed to a dirty hillbilly confederate sig but you also make a thread about dream theater when theres a main thread for them since like 12 fucking years so how about you stop fuckin goats and start using the search bar you inbred
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
yes because not only are you a cunt with a nazi sig changed to a dirty hillbilly confederate sig but you also make a thread about dream theater when theres a main thread for them since like 12 fucking years so how about you stop fuckin goats and start using the search bar you inbred

Calm down, boy, grow up and learn history before you disrespect my flag... As for the whole 12 year old thread deal, more organized and straight to the point this way.

"Throwing around the racist card" indeed. It's not like there is legitimate racism anymore.

Quote by illuminatiano

Yeah, pretty much.

Calm down, boy, grow up and learn history before you disrespect my flag... As for the whole 12 year old thread deal, more organized and straight to the point this way.

You're like 14, aren't you? You're not really old enough to be telling people to grow, especially when you still have plenty of growing up to do yourself, kiddo.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Feb 28, 2016,

I live in the right area to say that it's my flag too and I propose we stomp on it.
Quote by theogonia777

You're like 14, aren't you? You're not really old enough to be telling people to grow, especially when you still have plenty of growing up to do yourself, kiddo.

But, it's obvious who's more intelligent here. If you had a 4th grade education, you'd know that the flag does not stand for racism.

@Morphogenesis26 What do you believe the flag stands for? I have family that fought and died in the civil war and that flag is my way to honor them.
Yeah, and if you had a 4th grade education in Soviet Russia you would know that the next 5 year plan will definitely be a step towards progress.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Feb 28, 2016,
But, it's obvious who's more intelligent here. If you had a 4th grade education, you'd know that the flag does not stand for racism.

Yeah, a 4th grade education in texas

EDIT: Guess I was beat to that one

Please go introduce yourself to the Pit, we've just had a couple favourites banned so I'm sure everyone would love a redneck to bully
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Feb 28, 2016,
Dream Theater was discussed in prog/80s which has since been absorbed into the rock & indie subforum. 2nd transgression is asking for recommendations outside our dedicated recommendation thread anyway. What I mean is, this thread should be closed.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

What do you believe the flag stands for? I have family that fought and died in the civil war and that flag is my way to honor them.

A symbol is as good as its last known, most popular usage. A swastika is peace or some hippie nonsense, but Hitler got his tiny little Fäustlinge on it and now it represents hatred towards Jewish people.

You don't wear a swastika in public unless you're a 6'5" skinhead who can take a beating or two. You don't brag about being related to the confederacy unless you can handle being harassed on tumblr.

The confederate flags were represented by a collective of people who liked the idea of slavery, and as such, the confederate flag is now seen as a sign of oppression. As long as you know that your family (ancestors I hope, unless you have a 200 year old grandfather kicking about) fought to oppress people, and you're ok with that, then raise your flags high and call everyone "brother." Muscle cars, Eagles and America, brother.

Quote by Kytokinesis
Dream Theater was discussed in prog/80s which has since been absorbed into the rock & indie subforum. 2nd transgression is asking for recommendations outside our dedicated recommendation thread anyway. What I mean is, this thread should be closed.

I got my jokes in, thread can be closed now.
@Morphogenesis26 What do you believe the flag stands for? I have family that fought and died in the civil war and that flag is my way to honor them.

Back then? It stood for mad slave owners and white supremacists who lost a war. Today? Dumbass rednecks who will stand for anything close to the media fed narrative that is the "MURICAN DREAM!"

And to be somewhat ontopic, James Labrie, a few years ago, made the anthem for the neckbeards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDjt7MHRIkM
How did this turn from "can you give me some heavy DT songs" to "hey let's bash each other's sigs" to discussing the Confederate flag?
Quote by supertom1
How did this turn from "can you give me some heavy DT songs" to "hey let's bash each other's sigs" to discussing the Confederate flag?

His sig was some stupid joke about the Confederate flag.
Quote by theogonia777
His sig was some stupid joke about the Confederate flag.
And that after he was asked to change it from some nonsense about white power.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22

So you have ancestors who fought to keep their slaves. Coolbeans. Really something to be proud of.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6