So I'm really wishing I had gotten the Invader 100 ii instead now, because of the midi capability and the 4 seperate EQ's. As well as just the voicings, it just seems so much more flexible. I'd love to sell my Savage 120 and get an invader which sounds good on paper but the hardest part is actually selling it. Would anyone be willing to tell me what they think a used Savage + SafeCase could go for? I have not sold an amp before so I am not familiar with resale value.

I've had it for about 4-5 months now, but the last 2-3 months it hasn't gotten much use. The actual amp is in very good condition, no scratches, dents, nothing, no sign of wear, honestly there would be no way to know it was even used. I'm very OCD about that stuff but it's really clean.

Now I also have the safe case built custom for this amp which I believe was worth around $200-$300. The case has a few scratches on the outside but is relatively new, no dents, and is still 100% in my opinion.

I was planning on putting it up on reverb with the case and hoping to get around $2,100. Do you think this is feasible?

Thanks guys! It's hard to tell when you haven't sold gear before.

Edit: Updated road case price and spelling
Last edited by Knight Elijah at Feb 26, 2016,
That may be a fair starting price. The amp is $2,300 new on reverb without the case.

Because that amp is relatively rare you can get more.

Do you have the footcontroller too?

If the warranty will transfer make sure you include all that info. If the warranty doesn't transfer you may have to price this low enough to be enticing and not too high that someone wouldn't pay the $150 for a 3 year or 5 year warranty or whatever it comes with.

You can always use the Make Offer feature and see how much you can negotiate for.

And normally time is your friend when trying to sell high. One amp took me 2 years to unload, another took 2 weeks both priced at the high end of used pricing.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
That may be a fair starting price. The amp is $2,300 new on reverb without the case.

Because that amp is relatively rare you can get more.

Do you have the footcontroller too?

If the warranty will transfer make sure you include all that info. If the warranty doesn't transfer you may have to price this low enough to be enticing and not too high that someone wouldn't pay the $150 for a 3 year or 5 year warranty or whatever it comes with.

You can always use the Make Offer feature and see how much you can negotiate for.

And normally time is your friend when trying to sell high. One amp took me 2 years to unload, another took 2 weeks both priced at the high end of used pricing.

Yeah I saw that ad and was then like "huh well... That's competition"

I do not have the foot controller however I think the ENGL warranty is like a year of coverage and I got it with pro coverage from guitar center for 2 years on top of that. Does that transfer? That gives free shipping, free repairs, everything. I tried looking it up but can't find an answer, can pro coverage transfer with the item if I sell it?

Interesting about the amp being rare thing though. There was a slight trouble finding one at GC but ultimately we did, though maybe I'm lucky.

Thank you though!
Your on the high side by a lot.
Those amps are asking $1500 used maybe add $100 for the case

$1500 buy it now and no one has bought it yet
www.ebay.com/itm/Engl-Savage-120-Head-powerball-fireball-amp-E-610-E610-/131725071006?hash=item1eab6d129e:g:OzIAAOSwGotWoZU4
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
$1500 is a great deal for a Savage if you ask me- if I saw that 6-8 months ago, I probably would have bought it.

To be honest, I would just hang on to the Savage. Maybe pick up a few pedals instead. For example, adding a tubescreamer will basically be like adding an extra 'mode' to each channel and will add a lot of versatility. Same with using an eq pedal (could set the amp up for rhythm channels and kick the eq for lead). Savage is a great amp, and I would wager a lot of people prefer it to the Invader/Invader II.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

I guess you'd have to look for how much you're willing to part with it, post it for about $2000-$2200 and then try the "make offer" suggestion and go for there.
Unfortunately, used cases pretty much don't seem to generate much action, so I'd say about 50% from what you paid for originally, the amp 20-30% off of what you paid for it. Talk to Guitar Center and make sure that waranty is transferrable, you'd have an extra leg up on the sale.
Quote by diabolical
I guess you'd have to look for how much you're willing to part with it, post it for about $2000-$2200 and then try the "make offer" suggestion and go for there.
Unfortunately, used cases pretty much don't seem to generate much action, so I'd say about 50% from what you paid for originally, the amp 20-30% off of what you paid for it. Talk to Guitar Center and make sure that waranty is transferrable, you'd have an extra leg up on the sale.

Why, it isn't worth that much. it is non transferable warranty. It is worth ~$1500
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i would set it at $1700 or best offer. you won't have a shot in hell at moving it for >$2000.

is the head the same size on the savage and the invader? you may be best keeping the case if it fits the new one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I guess my best bet is to just keep the savage then. Too much hassle, I'll get an Axe Fx ii and if I ever really need to switch to an Invader than so be it in the future. It just doesn't seem efficient now to try to sell it.
Quote by Watterboy
$1500 is a great deal for a Savage if you ask me- if I saw that 6-8 months ago, I probably would have bought it.

To be honest, I would just hang on to the Savage. Maybe pick up a few pedals instead. For example, adding a tubescreamer will basically be like adding an extra 'mode' to each channel and will add a lot of versatility. Same with using an eq pedal (could set the amp up for rhythm channels and kick the eq for lead). Savage is a great amp, and I would wager a lot of people prefer it to the Invader/Invader II.

This!

I scored a Powerball II last month for $1100 + shipping, hardly used. ENGL pricing, except for the SE E670 and Invader, have been stupid/insane. (I sold the SE E670 for more than I got it new ~3 years ago.)
Quote by Ippon
This!

I scored a Powerball II last month for $1100 + shipping, hardly used. ENGL pricing, except for the SE E670 and Invader, have been stupid/insane. (I sold the SE E670 for more than I got it new ~3 years ago.)

I think part of it is Engl amps just are not real popular. They are nice amps, but not well kown about in the large sceme of amps. I have literally never seen an Engl of any type in a music store
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Engl is popular among certain crown, usually into the euro extreme metal categories. They cost a lot so usually it is demographics and purchase parity, in other words the kids that like those bands can't dish out that cash, so they don't sell too good stateside. Usually the 6505 services that crowd and they don't look higher in terms of price. They're very nice amps, just that they can't move too many of that at those prices.
^ good way to put it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate