I just bought a Dean Dimebag Darrel Concrete Sledge (#264/333) and I'm going to pick it up Monday. Anybody else out there have one or two of Dime's models? Anybody want one, lol? I'm curious to see about the Dixie Rebels.

-Mike
Quote by mikecranesguitarlessons
I just bought a Dean Dimebag Darrel Concrete Sledge (#264/333) and I'm going to pick it up Monday. Anybody else out there have one or two of Dime's models? Anybody want one, lol? I'm curious to see about the Dixie Rebels.

-Mike

Hey there, some would call me the resident Dean fan on here.

One had a Dime O Flame, it was really nice. Wasn't sure on the build quality though. It sounded great and it played really well, but it's a shame about the QC.

I'd have another one though, for the studio.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
They are pretty polarizing guitars. I don't like them, most are cheap POS guitars with Dime on them. I also like the fact that Dean never had a Dime sig guitar until AFTER he died.

If I was a guy who really wanted a sig Dime guitar I'd get a Washburn Dime, at least he actually had a hand in that one.

Most bands I have seen where a guitarist has a Dime, they suck. Too loud, too scooped and just an overall bad sound(too young or too dumb to know the difference). Now that isn't all of them, but the majority of them.

The Dean Dime is basically the Dean version of bad BC Rich guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
They are pretty polarizing guitars. I don't like them, most are cheap POS guitars with Dime on them. I also like the fact that Dean never had a Dime sig guitar until AFTER he died.

If I was a guy who really wanted a sig Dime guitar I'd get a Washburn Dime, at least he actually had a hand in that one.

Most bands I have seen where a guitarist has a Dime, they suck. Too loud, too scooped and just an overall bad sound(too young or too dumb to know the difference). Now that isn't all of them, but the majority of them.

Yeah, I'd agree with you on Dime here. The Washburn ones are meant to be good, but I've only ever seen one for sale. So I've never tried them.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Robbgnarly

Honestly, I'm sick of hearing the old "Dean never had a Dime signature model until AFTER he died" line. Yes it is kinda ridiculous to have ones he's never played, but I'm all for classics like the Sledge, Dean From Hell, Dixie Rebel (is a slight variation), etc.. Dime would be proud to know that it went this far. The only thing I have against them is for God's sake, make them all in the US. I hate the thought of stamping his name on a cheap import, which is actually why his switched to Washburn in the first place. He actually preferred his USA Deans.
Honestly, I'm sick of hearing the old "Dean never had a Dime signature model until AFTER he died" line. Yes it is kinda ridiculous to have ones he's never played, but I'm all for classics like the Sledge, Dean From Hell, Dixie Rebel (is a slight variation), etc.. Dime would be proud to know that it went this far. The only thing I have against them is for God's sake, make them all in the US. I hate the thought of stamping his name on a cheap import, which is actually why his switched to Washburn in the first place. He actually preferred his USA Deans.

Just because your sick of it doesn't make it less true

He went to Washburn because they did give him a sig model.

I don't consider (and many others don't either) the Deans to be a real sig because they are not. It is his estate whoring his name out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i believe that Dime did get a prototype of his Dean sig and did use it at the very end. i do agree that the guitars are for the most part crap though. i've played a couple of high end ones that weren't bad but the average cheapie you see at GC aren't very good. this seems very true of many of Deans guitars. 70s Deans were awesome guitars.

Yeah, I mean some would argue "what about the Les Paul" I'm not for that approach as the Les Paul is a shape, rather than a line of guitars, despite Gibson having Les Paul on it. But when someone says Les Paul, you know what they mean with the single cutaway and stuff.

I've never played a USA Dean (It's on my to buy list at somepoint, if one used comes up) but I quite like my import Deans. However none of the ones I have are Dime related. I had one with Dime on it and it was terrible (255 Razorback if anyone cares)

Avoid those and you'll be fine.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The Les Paul is the best selling sig guitar of all time. weather you want to acknowledge that or not is your choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
dean dime flat out suck. my buddy dropped a lot back when the razorback came out. junk.

i had a washburn 333 and i currently have another washburn that is just in storage. maybe someday i will dig it out. i am not a big washburn fan either, but it is hands down a better guitar across the board.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ya'll are making me feel real good about my new guitar lol I'm sure I'll like it

if you like it is all that matters. sorry i didn't mean to be a jerk (if i was). i am sure you will like it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
if you like it is all that matters. sorry i didn't mean to be a jerk (if i was). i am sure you will like it.

Lol nah, you're good, man.
I got this one from GC used a while back because it was such an attention whore. I hardly use it now since it's on long-term loan to a neighbor's kid; but, when I played it, the beast was pretty solid. I get to see it once every 2-3 months to replace the strings. It's been pretty bullet-proof and abuse from the 15-year old hasn't affected its performance.

Make sure to get the case to protect the pointy bits.
Ya'll are making me feel real good about my new guitar lol I'm sure I'll like it

Maybe you will, but if someone wants us to tell them what we think, then we aren't afraid to be honest.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 28, 2016,

YOUR the person that needs to like what you buy not us. we are just giving our opinions and some of them are strong about some things. But we really are not trying to be dicks
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Maybe you will, but if someone wants us to tell them what we think, then we aren't afraid to be honest.

Yeah, like I said, I want honest opinions. "TOODEEPBLUE"...I think I remember that username from a few years back on my old account. Yeah, I remember thinking "Dude, that's the greatest username ever," lol.
Yeah, like I said, I want honest opinions. "TOODEEPBLUE"...I think I remember that username from a few years back on my old account. Yeah, I remember thinking "Dude, that's the greatest username ever," lol.

"honest" opinions are pretty tough when it comes to such a subjective subject. we all have our like and dislikes which often aren't as logical as they could be. Dean took a huge hit in the 90s (along with BC Rich) for making fairly crappy beginner models. this has followed them since so often they don't gt as fair of a shake as others. the "dime" thing is that they are putting his name on all kinds of things that it has no real business on. i'm a BC Rich guy and believe me they get a fair amount of hate here to (sometimes justified other times not).

as already mentioned if you like the guitar then that is what counts. you may not be able to convince many here that it's good but no biggie we can be a bunch of opinionated jerks at times
Dime did help design the Razorback, he probably played a prototype but you will have a hard time finding any evidence of him playing one. He died one day prior to the photoshoot for the launch of the Razorback that was set to hit the market shortly thereafter. Here is an article about his original sketches of graphics he wanted on the Razorbacks:

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/yes/dimebag-darrells-original-dean-razorback-sketches-surface

I agree that it is a shame that they are putting his name on low quality imports. But noone really knows what he agreed to before he died, and I have read that Dean does seek approval of his family for products with his name on them, so maybe he wouldn't have wanted his name on the cheaper crappy models and someone in his family is cashing in, there are a lot of unknowns.

That said I have a 2009 set neck MIK Dean Split Tail that is on par with any of my MIJ Jackson imports the fret work is impeccable, once you get into the $800 and up range the quality is usually pretty good for any brand, lets face it most of the big names, for the most part, make some cheap turds for the low end market, that's why it's best to get your hands on one before you buy when possible.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 1, 2016,