Hi,
I just wanted to show you the wardrobe i've built/modified for my guitars and basses to protect them from dust, direct sunlight and fast temperature changes when windows are opened during winter.
The modifications made are quite easy, this is not a complicated project, if you have access to a some basic powertools.
The frame was not designet by me. I was afraid I would not get the symmetry and stability perfect, so I bought a frame without doors from ikea (very popular in Europe and quite cheap). I covered the back panel with mirrory foil for a special touch.
The construction for holding the guitars is entirely made from wood, which is easy to get and easy to work with. It is stable enough. The guitars stand on two "rails" rounded at the tops. The neck rests are made from round wooden rods sticking in a 1" by 1" square bar. The rails and neck rests are painted black and covered with soft black pipe insulation. Under the board which holds the weight of the guitars, I added two vertical boards for support.
You may wonder if the guitars could easily fall over to the side - no they will not. The rails are spaced wide enough. The concept here is that the guitars should stand as vertical as possible, so there is minimal force on the necks. ...compared to those common multi-guitar stands where the instruments are always tilted sideways.
The doors were entirely made by me. I wanted to put an acrylic glass window in each door so you could see inside. I was afraid that the material used on cheap ikea doors was to weak to stand a cutout of this size. So I made the doors from quality chipboard from the local wood store. (fake oak-faced). The drawback was that I had to precisely drill large holes in the doors to fit the concealed hinges. I made a frame for the windows out of L-profile wood to give them a cleaner look. In the end I mounted a LED stripe inside the closet.
I think this project turned out pretty nice. What do you think?
Click on the thumbnails to see the photos in full-size.

Right-wing morons, go suck my d#ck!

Check out my friends' bands...
Unrepentant (melodic death metal) >> YouTube | Soundcloud | facebook
Blutgericht (metalcore) >> YouTube | facebook
Support your local scene!
Yea. It's a big improvement on my current storage 'solution'(a 5 guitar stand, plus a couple of battens attached to the studs in plasterboard walls with hangers screwed in).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Looks great

Well worth storing all your clothes on the back of a chair
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
wow excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ippon
Looks sweet! Pics of German amps please.

ENGL and Diezel Amps are made in Germany.
I can't afford one.
I play an AMT (Russia) StoneHead sh-50-4 through a Tube Town (oh well the're from Germany, too) Cab with 2x12 Jensen Tornados (neodymium magnets..light!!!) ..modified so one side is always closed back, one is open but I can close it.
...yes, I like custom diy stuff.
Right-wing morons, go suck my d#ck!

Check out my friends' bands...
Unrepentant (melodic death metal) >> YouTube | Soundcloud | facebook
Blutgericht (metalcore) >> YouTube | facebook
Support your local scene!
Outrageously sweet solution.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Sweet!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
that is pretty cool!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That is really cool, I have been looking for a new project and this one looks like the winning idea. Thanks.