Have some noob troubles with slang terms.

So far I've figured out that a riff is a tune that is repeated over and over. So what on earth is a lick? How is it different from a riff? What is a bridge (in a song)?

Shedding is basically playing up and down scales really fast right? What is a line, how is that different from a lick?
don't worry about it, anyone who says lick is a complete bellend anyway
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Why don't you look it up yourself.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
you probably just need a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I guess lick would have more emphasis on improv, so it's something quick with a start and a finish. Idk man I don't take terminology that seriously.
A lick is just a short lead guitar part with a definite beginning and end. A bridge is a section in a song that differs from the verse and chorus. Shredding is used in various ways but basically means fast lead guitar playing, most often in the context of big hair and neoclassical stuff. A line is just a certain player's part in a song, usually where it's single notes rather than chords; it can either mean across a whole song or a single section or phrase.

All those terms are used pretty loosely so a concrete definition won't necessarily always apply.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Random3
None of those terms you just used are mutually exclusive, nor are they set in stone.

Also, posting genuine questions like this in the Pit is not going to yield much in the way of genuine answers.

That's okay, it's fun
I don't think there is an official Oxford definition but here are my two cents.

A riff is a melodic phrase, it can either be dependent, or independent. A dependent phrase requires one of more phrases to complete.

A lick is the basic building block of phrases. A little series of notes that makes a statement. Phrasing is the art of putting together licks in a melodic and harmonic fashion.