Page 1 of 2
I dont know tbh, but I would choose a raspy voice, like Jonothan Davis from Korn, although singers like freddie mercury and bruce dickinson are lovely

discuss

edit:

maynard james keenan
layne staley
serj tankian
chino moreno
Brandon Boyd
devin townsend

i'd kill for any of their voices
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Feb 28, 2016,
bruce dickinson has the ugliest singing voice in metal tbh, with the possible exception of zakk wylde

that wailing is straight up nasty it's so fucking bland and he yells such shit lyrics with such conviction it ruins iron maiden almost as much as their inability to come up with a rhythm guitar/bass part that isn't the same as all their other ones
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Feb 28, 2016,
mercury without a doubt
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It would totally be the one that everyone else loves to death so that I can be edgy and cool and provide a needlessly lengthy breakdown of why they actually suck and y'all are deluded sheep.

Srs tho it would be David Draiman.
Last edited by Random3 at Feb 28, 2016,
Michael Buble
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
feeeeeeed my eyes
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

that wailing is straight up nasty it's so fucking bland and he yells such shit lyrics with such conviction, as his inability to come up with a rhythm guitar/bass part that isn't the same as all hid other ones

i don't know why you had to bring justin bieber into this
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Last edited by k.lainad at Feb 28, 2016,
Sinatra
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Quote by Burgery
feeeeeeed my eyes

Fuck yes, Layne Staley's voice is amazing.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
bruce dickinson has the ugliest singing voice in metal tbh, with the possible exception of zakk wylde

that wailing is straight up nasty it's so fucking bland and he yells such shit lyrics with such conviction it ruins iron maiden almost as much as their inability to come up with a rhythm guitar/bass part that isn't the same as all their other ones

Objection: unresponsive.

The "be a whiny cunt" thread is over there somewhere.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Guitar0player
Fuck yes, Layne Staley's voice is amazing.

maynard james keenan > layne staley > serj tankian > chino moreno
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by Arby911
Objection: unresponsive.

The "be a whiny cunt" thread is over there somewhere.

ITT: arby gets his feelings hurt
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by k.lainad
maynard james keenan > layne staley > serj tankian > chino moreno

Taste is subjective, I guess. I find all these guys to be great singers, but they are kinda in different leagues.

Personally, I'd say Freddie Mercury, but something about that just doesnt feel right.
Ella Fitzgerald.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Matt Bellamy

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by K33nbl4d3
ITT: arby gets his feelings hurt

Dude, at the very least you are consistently amusing in your angst and misunderstanding.

So, what singer would you choose?

For me, probably Joe Cocker. He couldn't even sing, still made bank!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Dude, at the very least you are consistently amusing in your angst and misunderstanding.

So, what singer would you choose?

For me, probably Joe Cocker. He couldn't even sing, still made bank!

Sometimes singing like you mean is enough, having a voice as rough as sandpaper helps too.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Zac Brown
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by EyeNon15 at #33857063
David Ruffin

Ain't nobody coming to see u Otis!

My picks:
Devin Townsend
Jonny Craig
James LaBrie
Troy Sanders

Devin/James range, Jonny's soul, and Troy's low growls would have me set for life
Quote by whywefight
that's literally everywhere tho

you would that a guy his age would have some thicker skin smh
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
bowie, lou reed, and billy joel
also terry kath. criminally underrated singer
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Feb 28, 2016,
i don't want to sing, i just want the deep rich death growls of Mikael Akerfeldt
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Page 1 of 2