2 brootalz 4 me
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

If you're between 20 and 50 and you play in a grindcore band, people think you're a loser who needs to re-evaluate their priorities in life, but once you're past a certain age it suddenly becomes adorable.

67 isn't even that old. The concept of "hilarious old people who love metal" loses its appeal when you realise that a lot of the big names in metal are in their 60's now.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 28, 2016,
Quote by sashki
67 isn't even that old. The concept of "hilarious old people who love metal" loses its appeal when you realise that a lot of the big names in metal are in their 60's now.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there are no grindcore bands with members that old, given that the oldest member of Iron Maiden is only 63.
those are some pretty sick vocals tbh
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Feb 28, 2016,
Quote by sashki
If you're between 20 and 50 and you play in a grindcore band, people think you're a loser who needs to re-evaluate their priorities in life, but once you're past a certain age it suddenly becomes adorable.

no it's adorable that she was asked to fill in by her son (already a sweet context) and ended up taking it up as a hobby because she visibly enjoys it and happens to be very good at it

no need to be so salty about taking pleasure in other people's happiness
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
no it's adorable that she was asked to fill in by her son (already a sweet context) and ended up taking it up as a hobby because she visibly enjoys it and happens to be very good at it

no need to be so salty about taking pleasure in other people's happiness

I'm not salty about her, but about the partonising news report. It draws attention to her age and portrays her hobby as abnormal for her demographic, as if being old means you can no longer enjoy certain things.
Quote by Random3
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there are no grindcore bands with members that old, given that the oldest member of Iron Maiden is only 63.

The members of Napalm Death are in their late 40's, which puts them in the same age category as their core audience's parents. That generation gap will only widen over time. "Older" people performing extreme music is not as unusual as this video wants you to believe.

Brian Johnson is 68, he may not be grindcore but he can out-shriek anyone.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 28, 2016,
i wish my grandmother would take up hobbies she liked

rather than collecting joint replacements for secondary gain

Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by sashki at #33857114

Tbf a lot of the big name metal bands got into that kind of music when they were younger. It's odd for a 67 year old women to just start liking grindcore music.

And there's no need to be an elitist prick. There's nothing wrong with someones life choices just because they like a style of music you don't like.
Quote by sashki
I'm not salty about her, but about the partonising news report. It draws attention to her age and portrays her hobby as abnormal for her demographic, as if being old means you can no longer enjoy certain things.

ya tbf this particular video is patronizing; I was trying to find a youtube version of the original one that I saw that wasn't trying to make her so grandmotherly

here is a music video instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BqptfahEM
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja