The Ibanez might suit you better because it is a full hollow-body, but I have very little experience with Hollow-bodys

The Epiphone DOT is a nice semi hollow and it will deff be the most versatile of what your looking at
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
you might want to look at some Gretsch guitars probably from the electromatic series. if you are playing bluegrass then the tele might be god but agree with rob that the ibby or epi would likely be better all around choices.
What exactly do you think you need for fingerpicking? I ask because I see all kinds of finger style guitarists using all kinds of guitars. (I'll play finger style on most of mine, FWIW.)

Are you trying to play in a particular genre? Using actual fingerpicks? Seeking particular tones?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I only fingerpick, and I use any guitar that takes my fancy. The pickups and amp are a much more important consideration than the kind of guitar, though the semihollow doesn't have as much sustain in the high registers as I would like, so it I had to choose one, it would be a solid Gibson type.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 28, 2016,