Basically, my left hand keeps sweating when I play guitar. Since I'm right-handed, the sweating hand is my fretting hand. When it sweats I find it rather difficult to play guitar.

Has anyone got any efficient solutions? I've considered a wrist sweatband, but I'm not totally sure if that would work
turn the heat down! Haha

Wrist band may work. Maybe keep a towel in your back pocket or on the back of your guitar where you can quickly wipe your hand.
Well yeah, I don't know if there are any other soulutions apart from what's mentioned above. I would probably have a sweatband on my right hand wrist and just wipe my left hand on it. Just grab the band with your left fist every now and then, it should pick up most of the sweat.
I know this may sound weird but have you tried spraying anti-perspirant on your hands or talcum powder? I use anti-perspirant on my feet because they sweat in my workboots and other guys use talcum powder. might be worth a try.
Have the hand surgically removed at the wrist and replaced with a Terminator-style hand.
I vote for the talcum powder. You also should use a fine sand paper to make mat finish on your guitars neck. Mat finish on guitars neck prevents your hand to stick on it too much.
Quote by murphypride1
I know this may sound weird but have you tried spraying anti-perspirant on your hands or talcum powder? I use anti-perspirant on my feet because they sweat in my workboots and other guys use talcum powder. might be worth a try.

That could work, but there is a chance it could fuck up strings faster than usual.
I deal with this same issue, I don't know if we're the same case, but if I want to make my hands less sweaty, I usually dry them off first with a washcloth, then put either baby (talcum) powder of spray anti-persperant on my hands. I've heard of some people who wrap their hands in athletic tape, as well as people who coat their hands in flour, but that could screw up your flexibility and your strings. If you do any of these, don't do too much spray or baby powder, those could screw your strings up just as much as flour.
A good buddy of mine deals with the same issue. Here's what he does. Ever watch Major League Baseball? See that rosin bag that pitchers keep behind the mound? They use it to reduce moisture and keep a better grip.

You can make your own easily enough. All you need is some cheap cheesecloth or any loosely woven cotton material from which you can fashion a small sack that can range in size, depending on what you feel you need, from a golf ball to a baseball. Fill it with a combination of talcum and baby powder (or ideally powdered rosin if you can get it). Toss it in your hand for a couple of seconds and then wipe the dust off of your hand. After you have developed a routine of doing this, on top of being able to more comfortably use your left hand on the neck, your hands may well perspire considerably less.

Works like a charm for my friend.

My two cents.
“High fly ball into right field. She is… gone!" - Vin Scully
Quote by TobusRex
Have the hand surgically removed at the wrist and replaced with a Terminator-style hand.

Holy shit man, I didn't think of that!
I have that problem especially at outdoor gigs. I use the wrist bands that atletes wear at the local sports equipment places and I buy small hand towels at Wal-Mart. After wiping my hands I always have a small bottle of hand sanitizer on my amp (the little bottles you get for $1 at a Dollar Store). I use it often (several times a set) between songs. It only takes a few seconds. It not only cleans and sanitizes your hands but has drying agents in it that will make your hands dry fast. It's worth a try.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Mar 3, 2016,