. . . I can't. And my Google finger is getting sore.

There is no, none at all, identification of any sort on this thing other than that "M" on the headstock.

Some guy is selling it for $40 bucks on Craigslist but I'll be darned if I can find out anything about it at all. And the seller doesn't know anything about it either (was owned by deceased relative; he's selling off some junk).

Sleuths?

Looks quite a lot like the M from Gibson's Maestro logo. Since it looks an awful lot like an Epi LP Special II, I wonder if this was a Maestro version of that guitar for sale at Best Buy.

There's a phrase about 30 foot poles that's relevant here.
Wow. I do believe you are correct! You, sir, are a genius.

Here's its Best Buy link: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/epiphone-epiphone-les-paul-special-ii-electric-guitar-enjrebch1-ebony-enjrebch1/10263284.aspx

It looks identical except for the logo on the headstock. The "M" is a bit different from the Maestro; on a Maestro the "M" has stems (up and down strokes) that are uniform but on the one I posted the "M" stems get smaller from left to right. Mind you there are similarities in the font style. And on a Maestro, the name appears in full (as does the Gibson brand, usually on the truss rod plate).

This raises the question . . . is it a knock-off of a knock-off? An even cheaper version of a cheap version?

Not that I plan on buying it. Granted I probably would have bought it if it turned out to be some bizarre exotic rarity. But Best Buy? Mmmmm . . . nah.
probably not the maestro owned by gibson. many things are different on it.

your best buy link shows an epi