Hi all,

I'm new to all this amp sims software stuff, and I've already seen that there are plenty of options to choose from. I'd like to have your opinion on this, so far I've only tried the demo versions of AmpliTube 3 and ReValver 4. I've seen that people is mostly talking about the following programs (listing them with their latest version so far):

Scuffham Amps S-Gear 2.5
IK Multimedia AmpliTube 4
Peavey ReValver 4
Positive Grid BIAS FX Desktop
Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5
Overloud TH 3
Kazrog Recabinet 4

Which ones have you tried and which ones do you like the most? So far all of them sound quite good to me... I remember not so long ago software like these used to suck big time.
Guitar Rig is in the list. Never heard of Ampire before, will check some YouTube demos.
LePou's VST plugins are conspicuously missing too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I love LePou's stuff, used the le456 as my main rhythm sound for a couple of years when recording demos and home recordings. For a while I was using the Emissary from Ignite, did a pretty good job, still use it occasionally for leads.

Right now I'm using Revalver 4 and loving it. I mostly use the 6505+ model into the 6505 protoype cab. I use the Fender Bassman sim for a lot of cleans, same with the AC30 in there.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I like Lepou's amp sims and Amplitube. Recabinet has some very cool Cab Sims from what I've heard.
I've been using s gear for the past few months. Really happy with it. The demo is the full program for like 15 days, worth a try. I think the genres you play have a big impact on which is the best fit for you.
i tend to just use all the native amp sims in logic pro x. i am actually liking them quite a bit.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae