So, i have just resting my guitar with a floyd rose on it. and after screwing up a tad and getting the bridge way up high i had to reset it by adjusting the screws at the back. However in doing this the adjustment screws are now a long way into the body.
Should i be worried about this?
Is the trem parallel to the body?

What scale length, tuning, and guage of strings?

How many springs are you using and how are they hooked up? /|\ or ||| for instance.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by Mentos199
So, i have just resting my guitar with a floyd rose on it. and after screwing up a tad and getting the bridge way up high i had to reset it by adjusting the screws at the back. However in doing this the adjustment screws are now a long way into the body.
Should i be worried about this?

Did you change string gauge?
Are you now accurately in tune?
Srtring gaugue is the same as the last set 10|52 , It is now pretty accurately in tune, The trem itself is poking up a little bit, the springs are hocked up |||
If the trem is still poking up a bit (I'm guessing you mean in the back) then you need more tension on the springs to pull it back down.

Try your springs like /|\ to add some extra tension and then readjust the screw lengths.

What tuning are you using?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Its just standard E tuning, yes it is the back that is poking up a bit.
With them being new strings will the bridge sink back as they stretch?
Quote by Mentos199
Its just standard E tuning, yes it is the back that is poking up a bit.
With them being new strings will the bridge sink back as they stretch?

No.

Adjust your trem so that spring tension equals string tension. In other words, make the trem parallel with the body of the guitar. Plus, you should have already stretched your strings before tuning them.
Ok will do, but as i stated earlier is it a problem that the adjustment screws on the back are a long way into the body?
Quote by Mentos199
Ok will do, but as i stated earlier is it a problem that the adjustment screws on the back are a long way into the body?

10-52s are kinda big for E Standard. Are you sure you didn't have a 10-46 set on it prior to restringing?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Yep, it defiantly had 10-52's on it they were the gauge strong that were on the guitar when i bought it, would you recommend changing to 10-46's?
Quote by Mentos199
Yep, it defiantly had 10-52's on it they were the gauge strong that were on the guitar when i bought it, would you recommend changing to 10-46's?

I probably would but it's just a preference and also would depend on the guitar. If it's a 25.5 in scale length I definitely would use 10-46 or maybe even 9-42s for E Standard. (I like my strings SLIGHTLY spongy feeling.)
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
1. screw in more

or

2. add another spring.

i have several ibanez edge guitars, in various tunings, most needed a fourth or fifth spring. however i use .11"s and .12"s, but to a degree its case by case.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
OK thanks guys, the 10-52's have worked in the past and i like them so i might stick with them i just need more tension on the springs
So finally i have managed to get everything to work right (the bridge sits flat in tune), the only problem i have is the adjustment screws in the back are screwed a long way into the body is this a problem or is it fine how it is?
Quote by Mentos199
So finally i have managed to get everything to work right (the bridge sits flat in tune), the only problem i have is the adjustment screws in the back are screwed a long way into the body is this a problem or is it fine how it is?

I still don't understand what you mean is there any way you can post a picture of it?

But without seeing it, if it stays in tune and returns to tune after using the trem then I would say you have nothing to worry about
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I still don't understand what you mean is there any way you can post a picture of it?

But without seeing it, if it stays in tune and returns to tune after using the trem then I would say you have nothing to worry about

This. Post some pics TS.
If I understand correctly you are talking about the spring claw adjustment springs, and that you have had to crank them really deep into the guitar then that is weird if you used the same gauge strings and the same tuning, never the less if it bothers you the best way to correct this, as trashedlostfdup mentioned, is to add a fourth spring, before you do you'll need to back the spring claw out, then add the fourth spring and start all over again to float your trem parallel to the body.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 1, 2016,
Righto thanks heaps guys, the screws (the ones that adjust the claw) are a long way in but are not poking out the other side of the body so from what you guys have said it is not a problem.