I am eyeing Cantrells G&L Rampage at the moment and looking to buy something that would help emulate his tone. Finding information on that is, a little overwhelming to say the least. Having seen suggestions from the MXR M 108 10 band EQ, the ProCo Rat 2, Wampler Euphoria, MXR Distortion III, wondering if there are any techy Alice fans that could give me a good rundown of what is critical ( in their experience, and yes I do have a crybaby ) to what gives Jerry that warm rubbery tone ( aside from the Bogner Shiva that he uses ). I am leaning more towards the Would / Them Bones sound rather than the sticky We Die Young sound. Considering this is a home hobby rather than a gigging outfit I'd prefer to not buy a tube amp, but if someone can point me to a good compliment of either a SS or a tube that isn't going to blow my wallet into smitereens I am open to suggestions.
Budget? What do you have now? You're looking to buy an amp and pedals most likely?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Ya pretty much, the question I am wondering also is, what's better for home use, a decent tube amp and pedals, or a versatile SS amp. I would prefer an amp with reverb because I do love the effect. Far as a budget goes, well the guitar is 600 Euro, so I'll see the some of the options.
might want to look at the bogner ecstasy red or the ubershall pedal. might be the cheapest way to get started.
Hmm, never did I actually even think to look at a bogner disortion pedal, I was looking at the Rat 2 because I know Jerry used one in his early days.
Quote by Jeebix
Hmm, never did I actually even think to look at a bogner disortion pedal, I was looking at the Rat 2 because I know Jerry used one in his early days.

can't say i was in seattle in the early days, but it's my understanding (from internet reading) that he used a bogner fish preamp back then.
Yea that doesnt surprise me, having done a good chunk of research it seems he has shifted between marshall modified Bogners and a Friedman one atm.