May I join the seven string legion now? Pics first, then words and things.

Words and things now: I picked up this very lightly used KM-7 from a local shop a couple blocks down the street from me, for a ridiculous price. I can hardly tell that its been played. As my first 7 string, I think I made a great choice. The lower B string also sounds like how I hear guitar in my head. Its a very satisfying feeling.

This guitar is a mixed bag of a few familar things, and a lot of new things to me. I had owned a Schecter C-1 Exotic Star that I ended up selling because it just didn't click with me The neck was a little too thick in the end for me to comfortably play it, and stick with it.

This KM-7 is stunning. The satin finish feels fantastic, its made very well, and it feels great. The stainless steel frets give it a liquidy feel while playing. Its made me realize that theres a bit of fight in my CE-24. This guitar is also very light, much lighter than my CE-24, probably by 2 or 3 pounds if I had to guess. Thw neck joint on this guitar is wonderful, especially compared to the CE-24's more Fender-esque square bolt-on neck joint.

Truthfully, there wasn't much difficulty adjusting to the low B string. The neck width feels natural, and the satin neck again, makes it easy to play. I have to think about what I play, and including the low B into my scales may take a bit. The 26.5" scale length is taking some getting used to from my 25" PRS CE24, but there is a good snap playing the guitar, and the low B feels tight and responive.

I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet unfortunately, but the guitar resonates really well on its own. Its just a fantastic guitar. The lighting in the room make the guitar look purple, but it is a charcoal grey colour. My girlfriend even thought she was pretty. AND there was a pack of NYXL 7 strings in the case, and a couple packs of LaBella strings too! Bonus!

In conclusion, I think I'll be holding onto this one for a long time. I think I'll call her Mona.

And a family photo! Thanks for reading everyone! :shred:

Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
My opinion the new one is very ugly. You pretty much got the right one
Hot.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
very nice i like the colour
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by joseph24
My opinion the new one is very ugly. You pretty much got the right one

Oh man. I love the new one. Seeing it made me happy that I got another 6 last year, rather than a 7. Had been eyeing a KM7 to be my first, and now I totally want the new one.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Congrats I like the finish, I love my 7 string Schecter, I have a Damien Elite 7 metallic black, EMG 81/85 I picked it up used for a reasonable price and it is in mint condition.

It's not top of the line but I am a 6 string guy and really just wanted to have a 7 string in my arsenal and it fit the bill just fine.

HNGD Rock on!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge