I have a 66 Bassman head+cab and it actually still has the original speakers. It sounds great, though I know it could sound better if I ever had the extra cash to put in some new speakers.

Construction wise mine is really solid, and is almost in mint condition after all these years. Heavy son of a bitch, though.

Last edited by Jmoarguitar at Feb 29, 2016,
Heavy is often good for tone in a cab. I guess my concern was if it was made out of PDF.
comes down to what speakers are in it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by cGoEcYk
Heavy is often good for tone in a cab. I guess my concern was if it was made out of PDF.

no board at all , just point to point wire
Quote by cGoEcYk

not going to be pdf, will probably be pine. the speakers could be anything: CTS, oxfords, utahs, (but most likely won't be jensens or JBL's)

the low down on these old fender cabs is they are huge, they weigh quite a bit, and the speakers were often blown out. they also sound pretty cool for that old rock and roll sound.

i actually liked these style cabs quite a bit, but i wouldn't get them for any kind of a modern sound. i like older lo-fi and inefficient speakers that are very colorful and this type of cabinet will provide that sound.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Mar 1, 2016,