I have recently inherited an amp head for cheap. I love the tones, but dont really love the casing (chassis?) its in. I was looking to see where I could possibly buy a new amp head casing that I can move the electronics into, if that even exists. Thanks a ton! (Links appreciated.)
It would help if you told us what amp it is.

The chassis is the metal tray type thing the circuit is built into, including the controls/faceplate. The head or combo shell is the wooden part around it. You can often change shells fairly easily, but the chassis itself is not worth it. Faceplates can be changed but that's usually a custom job.
Quote by Roc8995
It would help if you told us what amp it is.

The chassis is the metal tray type thing the circuit is built into, including the controls/faceplate. The head or combo shell is the wooden part around it. You can often change shells fairly easily, but the chassis itself is not worth it. Faceplates can be changed but that's usually a custom job.

It's a line 6... I think it's a spider Iv? Not sure. It's not the chassis, thought that'd be cool to redo. Yeah I'm looking for a new combo shell. Any ideas ?
Unless you can find something compatable for cheap I personally wouldn't bother, Line 6 isn't worth the investment, what is it that you don't like about the Line6 cabinet? A large majority of amps out there are black tolex with black cloth covers. Unless you are looking for brown tolex or tweed, with brown cloth or wicker covers.

Unless you can find a donor cabinet cheap from a fried out amp, it won't be worth the money, if you want a different look you can change the cloth on the speaker grill that would be your easiest and cheapest option to really change your look and if your half way handy with tools it can be a DIY mod. you could also eliminate the cloth altogether and just go with a metal grill which looks more aggressive but won't keep dust off of your speaker. There are lots of little things you can change like the handle and corner protectors from black to chrome etc. for not much cash that will change the look of your amp, but again for a Line6 I wouldn't invest too much.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge