Hello fellow guitarists!

This is a survey being conducted by the Career Center Engineering Design and Development team to determine customer needs and wants for a new travel guitar. We are a group of three students looking to improve on the current design of the guitar. Your help by taking this survey is highly appreciated and will be used to help implement the idea of a portable guitar.

Click here for survey
As a guy who sold guitars for a living, let me tell you that no one ever buys travel guitars. They all are essentially retail wall art.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
just buy a solid case, and you'll never need a "travel guitar"
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Honestly, I don't travel enough for me to think about getting one. Plus, if I were to travel a lot, I would just want to play one of my normal guitars.
Quote by JustRooster
As a guy who sold guitars for a living, let me tell you that no one ever buys travel guitars. They all are essentially retail wall art.

And the ones that do get sold in retail stores quickly make their way to eBay and Craigslist.
“High fly ball into right field. She is… gone!" - Vin Scully
Quote by JustRooster

Actually I own 2 in less than a year. However, if you are talking about http://www.travelerguitar.com/ I am not surprised. I was VERY interested when I first was shopping what later was me getting a LX1. For http://www.travelerguitar.com/ found the quality is not there, the sound is eh, and quite frankly the only appealing thing to them is their size. So I gave up on that brand and when with a LX1 and recently a GS Mini.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Just because you bought two doesn't mean shit. "You" isn't a worth-while sample size, it's anecdotal testimony.
Quote by JustRooster

Uh huh. Wall art indeed. I bet this little axe plays better than anything you own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufbWvFtRItI
Last edited by TobusRex at Mar 1, 2016,
Quote by JustRooster
Just because you bought two doesn't mean shit. "You" isn't a worth-while sample size, it's anecdotal testimony.

Man, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Did I f*ck your mother or something?

BTW...man whom sold guitars for a living: GS Mini is one of the most popular Taylor guitars out there. Regardless of a person's reason for buying it, that model DOES fall into travel guitar category. Thank you and end of discussion!
Last edited by fingerguy at Mar 2, 2016,
Quote by fingerguy
BTW...man whom sold guitars for a living: GS Mini is one of the most popular Taylor guitars out there. Regardless of a person's reason for buying it, that model DOES fall into travel guitar category. Thank you and end of discussion!

Based on what? You got numbers to back that up? Also just because they are one of the most popular Taylors (if indeed that is true) doesn't mean that they represent a large percentage of guitars as a whole.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Based on what? You got numbers to back that up? Also just because they are one of the most popular Taylors (if indeed that is true) doesn't mean that they represent a large percentage of guitars as a whole.

Go here: https://www.taylorguitars.com/

Click on "By Specialty"

Under "Specialty" click on "Travel/Small Body"

Make sure "Sort by" is set for POPULARITY

What is the first guitar on the list? What is the second guitar on the list, oh wait what is the 3rd guitar on the list? Any questions?

Never said it was the most popular as a whole, but anyone that shops for higher end guitars or sells it I have seen and heard it's one of their MOST popular models from Taylor.
Last edited by fingerguy at Mar 2, 2016,
Too bad Taylor is outsold by Martin, Yamaha and Fender. It can be one of the most popular Taylor guitars all it wants, but it doesn't mean much if Taylors aren't among the best-selling guitars.

Listen, you like the minis. I get it. I'm not saying they're bad guitars, I'm saying they don't sell. This isn't a personal attack on you, just your argument. Don't be that guy with a GTO and a G8 in the driveway claiming that Pontiac was alive and well.

Tobus, I have $5 that says that guitar doesn't play better than anything I own. Plenty of vendors came around trying to sell their composite stuff. The market isn't accepting of them, and honesty, neither were my hands. Plus, I just don't think they sound good.
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 2, 2016,
Pontiac's. Yeah I can't remember the last time I seen a Pontiac dealership. Subaru guy myself.
The Point.

^

You.
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 2, 2016,
Quote by JustRooster

Tobus, I have $5 that says that guitar doesn't play better than anything I own. Plenty of vendors came around trying to sell their composite stuff. The market isn't accepting of them, and honesty, neither were my hands. Plus, I just don't think they sound good.

Where are you located? Maybe we can get together and hash this out in person....you pick on my guitar, and I'll pick on whichever of yours you think is better than mine.

Afterwards I'll happily accept your apology.
Last edited by TobusRex at Mar 3, 2016,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
lol you guys are so silly

Shush, rabblerouser. Rooster is clearly delusional, probably evil and a serial killer. No one may speak as he has spoken of my beloved Cargo.
Quote by TobusRex
Where are you located? Maybe we can get together and hash this out in person....you pick on my guitar, and I'll pick on whichever of yours you think is better than mine.

Afterwards I'll happily accept your apology.

Sounds like a possible COCK fight!
Quote by fingerguy
Sounds like a possible COCK fight!

I've noticed Rooster hasn't responded to this thread, and I just wanted to say I was just teasing Rooster, I sometimes forget that not everybody has a sense of humor as eccentric as mine, barring a crazed foreigner in a dress that I occasionally tussle with.

@JustRooster: I hope you realize I was teasing when I suggested we pick each other's guitars. I hold you in VERY high regard as an artist and that was my ....subtle...way of saying I wanted to jam sometime. I've got a long way to go to get to your level though so I'll just have to bushwhack you at a Guitarcenter or something.

I was also being complimentary when I said Gibson should design a pickguard in your honor, that would be extremely cool.

I do have to admit your dislike of composites shocks me. I really like my Cargo. It's kind of depressing to think a guitarist like yourself would dislike them so much.
Last edited by TobusRex at Mar 4, 2016,